Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Completely Meaningless"
I think going from a 9 damage axe to a 3 damage dagger COULD have some meaning. It might not mean a lot to you but hey, I'm interested in the meta-game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's my counter-argument to your shield claim. Animations use bash, which afaik, does require a shield, yes?
The damage on a weapon you give to a summoned (or charmed) pet is irrelevant unless the damage is more than half of the max hit that thing would do normally. So like, if you give a pet summoned with a level 1 spell, that hits for 8 max normally, a 10-damage weapon, he will now hit for like 20-21 max. But his damage as a fresh summon is determined by his level/spell level, not his visible weapon or whatever. And if you gave him a 1-damage weapon, it wouldn't lower his max hits, either.

Your counter-argument doesn't hold water, because pets don't work by the same rules as PCs. A PC also won't be dual wielding if you give him a book or lantern for his offhand, but a pet does. Besides, some PCs can bash without a shield. Etc. It doesn't follow that because most (but not all) PCs need a shield to bash, then something that is not a PC needs a shield to bash.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-19-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Old 04-19-2019, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Just an aside, the animation *will* bash without a shield. Try it out - give it a torch and it will still bash. Which led me to wonder, if you you replace the shield with a torch, does that affect its AC?
Old 04-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Banned

Gonna be doing some super lazy droga faction farm this weekend and will be using an animation for the first time in years.

So just a torch will work here? Just like a charmed mob?
Old 04-19-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage on a weapon you give to a summoned (or charmed) pet is irrelevant unless the damage is more than half of the max hit that thing would do normally. So like, if you give a pet summoned with a level 1 spell, that hits for 8 max normally, a 10-damage weapon, he will now hit for like 20-21 max. But his damage as a fresh summon is determined by his level/spell level, not his visible weapon or whatever. And if you gave him a 1-damage weapon, it wouldn't lower his max hits, either.

Your counter-argument doesn't hold water, because pets don't work by the same rules as PCs. A PC also won't be dual wielding if you give him a book or lantern for his offhand, but a pet does. Besides, some PCs can bash without a shield. Etc. It doesn't follow that because most (but not all) PCs need a shield to bash, then something that is not a PC needs a shield to bash.
To expand on this, your pet will ONLY dual wield innately at a certain level (spell level 39 maybe?). This might even be just for the highest summon within that spell range. I believe the lowest summon of your 44 spell level animation will not dual wield innately as well.

Your pet is a warrior. Once it’s high enough to be able to kick and bash it will do so no matter what you equip it with.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's my counter-counter argument: If the damage didn't matter and was based solely on level, then why would they need to change the animaton's weapon looks in the first place? That seems like much more effort than just giving it a different weapon. I'm still holding out my theory that they are all different weapons and are all the "rusty" variety, which wouldn't naturally have that much variance in dps compared to summoned level.
Let's change views here a bit. By your account then, any dropped non-named weapon would fall off by about level 20, assuming max 9 damage to 18 which is in the level 20 range.
I should probably test this next part out myself but, can they wield/dual wield 2handers?

and just for the sake of the argument, we're 100% positive that attack delay DOES NOT effect animations right? like say a dagger vs an axe. I have notixed that quicken 'seems' to make it more lethal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To expand on this, your pet will ONLY dual wield innately at a certain level (spell level 39 maybe?).
nanda man, it's much lower than that:
"Sagar's Animation Level 24 19-23 450-700 19-26 15-17 1 Dual Wields"
Old 04-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my counter-counter argument: If the damage didn't matter and was based solely on level, then why would they need to change the animaton's weapon looks in the first place? That seems like much more effort than just giving it a different weapon. I'm still holding out my theory that they are all different weapons and are all the "rusty" variety, which wouldn't naturally have that much variance in dps compared to summoned level.
Let's change views here a bit. By your account then, any dropped non-named weapon would fall off by about level 20, assuming max 9 damage to 18 which is in the level 20 range.
I should probably test this next part out myself but, can they wield/dual wield 2handers?

and just for the sake of the argument, we're 100% positive that attack delay DOES NOT effect animations right? like say a dagger vs an axe. I have notixed that quicken 'seems' to make it more lethal.
Once again, here you are bashing an extremely experienced enchanter's advice. Why don't you take some time to watch Temos' videos and learn how to properly play an enchanter?
Old 04-21-2019, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again, here you are bashing an extremely experienced enchanter's advice. Why don't you take some time to watch Temos' videos and learn how to properly play an enchanter?
He's obviously a troll. Using a throwing weapon and animation at level 24... Come on now.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

nanda man, it's much lower than that:
"Sagar's Animation Level 24 19-23 450-700 19-26 15-17 1 Dual Wields"
Just read the wiki, dude. Your questions are answered somewhere in there. If you refuse to believe decades of accumulated eq wisdom... yeah, maybe you'll sometimes find something that everyone else was wrong about... but probably not.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-21-2019 at 06:02 PM..
Old 04-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Just read the wiki, dude. Your questions are answered somewhere in there. If you refuse to believe decades of accumulated eq wisdom... yeah, maybe you'll sometimes find something that everyone else was wrong about... but probably not.
in my experience it happens quite often.
For example, many people claim bernstein bears are a thing. same with sinbad. Or if you want to go into it more recently... everyone literally forgetting how donald trump got elected and claiming it was russia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying you're wrong about the levels thing, but, I'm not ruling out the fact that animations do change their weapons they spawn with as they level up. That's a detail that is never touched upon, and as an explorer type It piques my interest to know the why and how. The additional concerns of shield and AC have been brought up by other people which also adds onto the questions, many of which have been not-answered and repeated with circular logic into the ground.

If you, Qtip, and Torik are not capable of this level of conversation, then feel free to view another thread. Flames & Rants has a really good one about in game drama. This thread however is for the pursuit of higher knowledge. Good Day.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

as a side note, I will say this much, with a bit of irony, That was by far the least "bashing" I've done of any topic on the board to date. I guess when you grow up in a bubble, everything seems like an attack. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Banned

https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide

/feeds troll
Closed Thread