Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-04-2019, 08:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Problem where EQ isn't primary layer

Hi, I have been having an issue where when I full screen, my mouse will be interacting with both EQ and my desktop, so when I click there is a chance that it will take me to the desktop. Not sure why this is happening. I have tried reinstalling the game fresh, changing UI to default and such, however, nothing seems to fix it. The issue starts up after I alt+enter to make the game full screen and seems kind of random. It doesn't seem to happen every time. I don't really know?

Thank you for any assistance.
-Rustman
Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Resolved kind of, I just did the trick where you set it to windowed, go into eqclient.ini file, set the window sizes to screen res, adj the X and Y position of window to be slightly high (-18)and made my windowed height 1090 instead of 1080. Seems the mouse issue was related to full screen issue. Sorry to take up time.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Kobold

I have this issue as well. I do the workaround in the post below and it "fixes" the issue. Kind of a pain to do every time, but it works.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...96&postcount=4
Old 05-08-2019, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

old EQ was a 4:3 screen res ratio game, so your desktop interacts will be when the mouse is out side of this ratio zone, so playing fullscreen widescreen can result in this effect, but not always.

I was affected by this and all I did was play the game in windowed mode.