Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why do you assume people are spending less?
Are your tanks buying cloth in addition to plate or some shit?

After raiding the same instanced content for months on end, people get what they want and stop bidding on things, spending drops considerably as time goes on because bidding has decreased. Now that you've reached that point you just introduced double DKP earning on top of an already earnings inflated pool.

Grats on your inflated DKP system though, it sounds wonderful.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoozi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like someone is copying Rustles dkp strats
Old 12-02-2016, 05:29 AM
Banned

There are a few differences in OGC's DKP system compared to most. For starters its impossible to buy scrap loot at 1 dkp. Minimum bid is 35 atm and I believe it scales up every expansion. You spend 35 dkp or the item gets banked/destroyed. One of several anti-inflation measures put in place. Also like Naudee said like 2 pages ago you don't earn DKP per boss its per 30 mins of raiding. So as you get more and more efficient at clearing the content and better geared you'll naturally spend less time raiding and earn less DKP unless you choose to kill additional targets to fill the time. But it doesn't seem like there's much content we're super interested in doing that we can't get done in our regular scheduled programming.

When I finished my app period I had somewhere around 700 dkp saved up. Highest cleric atm has like 1500 I think? Not exactly insurmountable. It's basically 2 months of raiding. Nobody has some insane pile of DKP such that nobody else will ever be able to catch them or outbid them on things. Also I think there's a max amount u can bid on a single item anyway. Doesn't happen often but I think it goes to officer discretion when you hit that point. Hasn't happened once since I joined that I'm aware of.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or the item gets banked/destroyed. One of several anti-inflation measures put in place.
I don't care the reasons why it's done, this is just stupid when you consider the number of man hours invested in getting it to drop. It's kind of a middle finger to anyone who spends 2-5 hours of their freetime helping others get shit they want.

Besides, doesn't it just punish the 20%ers who weren't going to get the best loot anyway?
Old 12-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoozi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are your tanks buying cloth in addition to plate or some shit?

After raiding the same instanced content for months on end, people get what they want and stop bidding on things, spending drops considerably as time goes on because bidding has decreased. Now that you've reached that point you just introduced double DKP earning on top of an already earnings inflated pool.

we dont get months on end of xpacs, we get 12 weeks. 18 weeks if they fuck shit up and cant get instancing to work right. subtract from that a couple weeks at xpac launch when they totally fuck it up and take instances down or fuck up lockouts. We arent in Velious, mobs dont have 8 item loot tables that you can easily get all you want from them in 5 runs. half my wish list drops off the twin blobs in VT, in the past 3 weeks nothing on my lists have dropped off them in my split. i think its perfectly possible by pop i still wont have all my wish list items, they just dont drop often enough. good items still go for 300 dkp easily and bis stuff still hits 900 or so, we are spending a lot of dkp compared to whats currently coming in.
in the end, i dont know why you guys give a shit what we do with our dkp system, we are fine with it and you dont make a fuck in the equation so /shrugs
Old 12-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care the reasons why it's done, this is just stupid when you consider the number of man hours invested in getting it to drop. It's kind of a middle finger to anyone who spends 2-5 hours of their freetime helping others get shit they want.

Besides, doesn't it just punish the 20%ers who weren't going to get the best loot anyway?
20 percenters can bid min bid if its going to rot. if you dont think its worth min bid, its garbage and it can rot, who gives a shit. we have been using this dkp system since server launch, it works very well. all the rules are clearly laid out, it seems fair and evenly applied, not sure why you guys who dont know all the rules and havent used it for the past year think its so terribad.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Kobold

The only issue i can see with our dkp system is it prevents you from dragging your alts along for free rot loots. as someone with a shit ton of alts, im ok with this, if i want gear for them i can bid min on rots for them
Old 12-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me clarify what I meant.

Instances solve some problems, and make an in-demand game easier to play. A worldwide stat system allows one to measure epeen on status boards as opposed to on-server. But eq2 really fell apart once avatars were removed, which were the only remaining contested uber-content in eq2. For many, some remnant of competitive gameplay, on-server, was all that kept them aboard.

Instancing ultimately kills an mmo. It is a bad solution to an abstract problem. IMO, EVE seems to be the only game to solve the problem -- just have one game world. Sadly, EVE is kind of very boring.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/....236963/page-2

This becomes the uber-content. The race to be the first/fastest to complete the newest releases content. That's how EQ has been since instancing. What keeps them around for the farm period inbetween expansions is the guild/friends you are hanging out with and gearing up for the next release.

Now granted, this thread is retarded because comparing instanced and open world raids is dumb. But yea, direct competition for mobs changed to become who can do it faster or more efficiently in their own instance, which is really a much better way of measuring your dick. Especially when you compare it to how it's done on this server...

I'd much rather see A/A posting their time from first kill to complete ToV clear rather than who won some races that week. I think at this point a full ToV clear could be done in less than 2 hours using the strats currently used, if you got in a rhthym. Likewise I think VP could probably be done in <30minutes if you got in a rhthym. Those would be things worth posting about. At the same time, the CSGs and Venerates of the world who couldn't give a flying fuck about kill times would be able to post "we raided NToV on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, crawling the zone like it was intended. Grats these guys on Vulak loot!"

Instances let you make the game the way you want it to be played, and if you want a challenge or competitive dickwagging fest, you can insert that into your gameplay.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/....236963/page-2

This becomes the uber-content. The race to be the first/fastest to complete the newest releases content. That's how EQ has been since instancing. What keeps them around for the farm period inbetween expansions is the guild/friends you are hanging out with and gearing up for the next release.

Now granted, this thread is retarded because comparing instanced and open world raids is dumb. But yea, direct competition for mobs changed to become who can do it faster or more efficiently in their own instance, which is really a much better way of measuring your dick. Especially when you compare it to how it's done on this server...

I'd much rather see A/A posting their time from first kill to complete ToV clear rather than who won some races that week. I think at this point a full ToV clear could be done in less than 2 hours using the strats currently used, if you got in a rhthym. Likewise I think VP could probably be done in <30minutes if you got in a rhthym. Those would be things worth posting about. At the same time, the CSGs and Venerates of the world who couldn't give a flying fuck about kill times would be able to post "we raided NToV on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, crawling the zone like it was intended. Grats these guys on Vulak loot!"

Instances let you make the game the way you want it to be played, and if you want a challenge or competitive dickwagging fest, you can insert that into your gameplay.
Nice book dude.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread