Default Post Resist Specifics Here!

Try and use the feedback Uthgaard is requesting using this format:

How are mob resists?
What level were the mobs?
What level were you?
What spell did you cast?

Example for me.
How are mob resists? Seem very high
What level were the mobs? Dont know current level of paw ent mobs since it internet resources quote live but they were blue con.
What level were you? 30
What spell did you cast? Grasping Roots and Ensaring Roots

Spell was lasting ~50-0% of the time. Also had several instances where 3-5 repeated casts were completely resisted. Tried casting the lvl 9 version and didnt seem to change much.

Hope this helps and please try and keep this as constructive as possible to help get this fixed.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

Thanks. This is specific enough, it's a start!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

How are mob resists?
This is a post concerning Rathe Mtn HGs and is a repost so that I could put it into the specified reporting format.

Resists are higher than before, pretty much all around. The resist rates of some spells (e.g. lifetaps and poison dots) fell within what I would consider to be normal for the original EQ with these mobs. The resists rates of other spells seemed to be what might be expected most of the time, but at times would have unusually long streaks of resists. Finally, one spell resisted a lot more than I felt it should. Details below.

What level were the mobs?
These HGs are around 35 to 38 - all were blue to me.

What level were you?
39 (Necro)

What spell did you cast?
These were the problematic spells and their behaviors:
* Dooming Darkness - Worked as I would expect it to most of the time, i.e. 0 to 2 resists per mob. A few times though there were very long strings of resists on a single mob. One of these reached 5 resists in a row.
* Boiling Blood - Worked as I would expect it to most of the time, i.e. almost no resists. However once it resisted twice in a row on the same mob.
* Root - Resisted every single time I cast it during this play session, which was about 5 times.
Last edited by mwatt; 03-14-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Old 03-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Skeleton

How are mob resists? Seem much higher
What level were the mobs? 25 (yellow, red con)
What level were you? 22-23
What spell did you cast? Engulfing Darkness, Heat Blood, Heart Flutter

Mobs were the centaur coursers and chargers(lvl 29ish?) in Southern Karana. Was with a group and would land 1 out of 6 dots, sometimes less in no specific cast order.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Orc

How are mob resists? Much more frequent than before the patch. I am noticing an increase in both full and partial resists on damage spells and decreased root time.
What level were the mobs? Blue cons to me. Aviak Rook in South Karana, Pledge Familiar and Initiate Familiar in Mistmoore.
What level were you? I am a level 24 wizard.
What spell did you cast? Root, Force Shock, and Lightning Bolt.

I was killing the familiars in Mistmoore with a small group. Out of maybe 8-10 mobs, with 1 or 2 casts per mob, I think only 2 of my damage spells did full damage. Most of the time the spells would do 25-60 damage. I was unable to land a root in several casts.

After I couldn't find a group later, I went to South Karana to see if I could solo there using root and nuke. The first blue mob I came across was an Aviak Rook. I decided to give it a shot and opened with Root. Resisted the first cast, landed the second but it broke immediately. Landed a third root which also broke immediately. The fourth one stuck long enough for me to cast Force Shock, which did full damage. I ran out of mana casting Lightning Bolts (one of which was a partial resist) to finish off the rook, after needing to root again at 70% mob health. I decided this was not a viable solo option at this time, afterall, because of the current resist rate.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Orc

I posted this in the kunark spells area. I will repost here:

Quote:
I am by no means one of those who will whip out the spreadsheet. I was seeing what felt about 25% resist rates and i do not remember it that high. I know its that "I remember" game but i got numbers that are still way too high in my opinion.

My unscientific test:
Got a high level player to root a dark blue pirate in Firiona Vie. I proceeded to cast a series of songs over and over on the mob and count the casts until resist. Then counted how many resists in a row. Then proceeded to count over again upon successfull lands. Here are my numbers.

Selo's Consonant Chain
2 1
1 1
5 1
2 1
4 2
2 1
2 1
5 2
1 1
5 2
_____
42 casts
30% resist rate

Kelin's Lucide Lullaby
1 1
1 1
1 1
4 1
5 2
2 1
4 5
3 1
_____
34 casts
13 resits
38% resist rate

Angstlich's Appalling Screech
1 1
2 1
5 1
4 2
4 1
12 2
___
36 casts
8 resists
22% resist rate

I am only looking to start the conversation... however if we are looking at this high of a level... time to reroll because these numbers seem way to high. No instruments were used that affected these songs. I have 117 Charisma at the time of the test.

Can i get someone to run numbers and confirm? I know its a small sample.

Again... the key is the first number is successful casts and the second is how many resists. As soon as i got a success i would start over.

Success # Failed #
I was a lvl 30 bard casting on a generic dark blue pirate in Firiona Vie. I hope my layout makes sense. Bard songs i believe had lower resists than mages or similar casters due to the very short duration along with the fact that Charisma helps offensive spells land. I am unaware of any stat that made say wizard spells land better outside of lures. I have absolutely no clue how bard songs are coded in comparison of other castable classes.

Last night while grouped i seemed to have a bit more resists but mostly used benificial spells. The SK in our group as a tank however struggled big time.

P.S. the sheer volume of bard gear being sold in EC is awesome... keep dropping in price.... cmon big money no whammies!
Last edited by Ravendawn; 03-14-2011 at 11:42 PM..
Old 03-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Zone: Ocean of Tears
NPCs: Spectres

How are mob resists? Seem much higher than before patch.
What level were the mobs? Dark blue con, believed to be 33-37
What level were you? 40
What spell did you cast? Bonds of Force and Circle of Force

I did approx the first 3/4 of lvl 40 quadkiting spectres in Ocean of Tears prior to the patch. During that time I would occasionally have 1 spectre resist bonds of force on the initial cast, and would occasionally have partial resists on Circle of Force on 1 of the 4 spectres it landed on. They would all die within 1 cast of Circle of Force of eachother. As long as I had 1800 mana prior to pull I had enough to finish off all 4. After the patch, same lvl, same mobs, I finished off lvl 40. Every pull I had at least 1 and up to 3 of the spectres resist bonds of force on the initial cast, and sometimes had to cast it 3 times or more before I could get it to stick on all 4. Circle of Force is consistently resisting, often on the same spectre, to the point where I finish off the other 3 and the one that was resisting (partial and full) will have 30-60% of its health left. Even with medding to full mana (1936) before pulling, at least half the time I ended up having to get help finishing off the final spectre or having to med kite to finish the last one.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Vs Spectres in Oasis: Suffocate would regularly be resisted 4-5 times in a row on yellow-red cons (33 enchanter vs 36 spectre) even with Tashan.

Went to Paw and pulled a caster gnoll from under the bridge, it immediately resisted enthrall 3 times in a row. I didn't cast mez much but sometimes it landed reasonably so this may just be a fluke. I don't trust my brain to remember statistic correctly unless there is a really huge difference. Color skew seemed to be about normal too, and my nukes were getting resisted at about standard rates.

Root has been absolutely slaughtered. I tried to solo a spectre in Oasis and got 2 0-tick roots in a row: my pet did not get a single attack in between 'sinks into the ground' and 'your root spell has worn off'. Finally got one to land, decided to mem gate, and was killed by a mummy XD. This problem continued in Paw where my average root lasted about 6 seconds. Absolutely no question that its bugged.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Large Bat

Default Resists

Infected Paw
How are mob resists? Very High
What level were the mobs? 33-36
What level were you? 34
What spell did you cast?
Venom of the Snake on blue mobs 1-3 resists on each mob on about 1/3 of the mobs. On even/yellow mobs very streaky 1-4 resists on a mob then works for the next couple then 1-4 resists.
Poison Bolt-Stopped using because I was partially resisted just about every time for 1/2 or less damage.
Spirit Tap -No resists.
Dooming Darkness-1-2 resist on a mob every 1/3 of the time.
Vampiric Curse-1 Resist on a mob every so often 1/5 or 1/10.
Screaming Terror-Useless on anything but light blue mobs. Would not stick on dark blues and above the times I tried casting over and over on a mob.

Oasis
How are mob resists? Streaky
What level were the mobs? Specters 33-37?
What level were you? 35
What spell did you cast? Fear kiting in group.
Dooming Darkness was very streaky. It would work on 1 or 2 mobs ok then resists 4 times in a row on one mob.
Vampiric Curse-Resist on a mob every so often 1/5 or 1/10.
Enchanter was fearing it was streaky like Dooming Darkness above.
Spirit Tap-No resists
This is all with the enchanter Tashing.
Off topic but Oasis specters are lifetapping.

Paineel
How are mob resists? Not too bad but more than before patch.
What level were the mobs? 23-27
What level were you? 34
What spell did you cast? All my spells worked well on these EVEN HUNGRY EARTH but the level difference was big.

Nek Forest
How are mob resists? Not too bad but more than before patch.
What level were the mobs? Shadowed men are 23-26? Not sure
What level were you? 34
What spell did you cast? Fear kiting worked well, ROOT worked well but again the level difference is big.

Seems to me anything near my level is resisting in a very streaky manner. I used to be able to know how much mana I would need to be victorious in a fight but now I need to be FM just in case. Some fights will take my whole mana bar if it's a bad streak. Also screaming terror is useless to me now, maybe there was a change in how cha affects this spell? Because my cha is quite low. Hope this helps cause limiting myself to mobs 10 levels lower even in groups is not going to be much fun.
Last edited by twolo; 03-15-2011 at 12:42 AM..
Old 03-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Aviak

iam getting heavily resist. sometime a mob that wouldnt resist a calm spell can resist up to 6-7 time in arow ...grrr

guk : king room : mob range from 43-46 i beleive

iam a 50 ench

spell that would almost never get resisted b4. now it become hellish.

calm-whirl till you hurl - root - suphocating sphere - allure and dazzle. almost everything get resisted now. all mob are blue to me.

note that i noticed that allure duration is lower then it used to, seem like the game actually think the mob are higher then the actual lv of the mob...
Last edited by ziahh; 03-15-2011 at 01:04 AM..
Closed Thread