Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Skeleton

Default Where to go as a 19 Iksar warrior

Hello folks, I recently started playing and have just gotten to level 19 in Kurns tower and it seems its time to move on. I've heard Guk is the best place to head next but I'm a little hesitant since it dosent seem like theres anywhere close by where I could bind for my inevitable corpse runs. Is there anywhere similar closer to home where I could go or is there a safe bind spot near Guk I'm not aware of?
Old 03-04-2018, 02:58 AM
Kobold

Hello! I never been to guk for exp so I can’t say that much about it but here’s what I did pretty recently on my Iksar monk.

-23 Kurn’s top floor or basement
23-25 unrest (can prolly stay longer). You can bind in greater faydark and sell at Druid rings in butcherblock.
25-40 Solusek eye. Great exp modifier and cash. Can solo/group and sell to merchants in lavastorm or temple of Solusek.

Then you can do city of mist, Lower Guk or continue to kill gnomes in Solusek a till lvl 45 ish.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:09 AM
Skeleton

I'm 25 now and had been looking at either Unrest or Mistmoore, can you bind anywhere within GFaydark? I had assumed it was only inside Kelethin. I had also assumed that druids near port rings in any zone were KoS to iksar, maybe thats just in WC.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

GFay is a bind anywhere zone. Ive had melee chars find a Wizard port to Gfay and ask them to bind me at the spires

Vendors at druid rings are nuetral. You will be able to sell at the Steamfont/Butcher rings without problems. At the WC rings, there are two druids behind the vendor that will aggro. At a higher level you can sell there without those druids attacking you
Old 03-04-2018, 03:45 AM
Skeleton

Ok cool thank you for the info, this opens up alot more options going forward.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-23 Kurn’s top floor or basement
Negative, get out of kurns at 18-20.
for future viewers.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Negative, get out of kurns at 18-20.
for future viewers.
Thanks for your thoughtful well explained argument.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Kobold

OK if you need that explained Haghar, Kurn's Tower sucks big balls for xp past 20 and only a fool would grind out there past when you can go to tons of other much better places? Happy with the not really needed to be said argument that apparently you needed? OK.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Aviak

Just soloed a charbone in Kurn's caverns at lvl 21 and got 4.5% experience. I see your point.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just soloed a charbone in Kurn's caverns at lvl 21 and got 4.5% experience. I see your point.
Yes that is possible but a lot of people fuck up their mole man faction and they're a bunch of necros/sk which are deadly at the low level..
Furthermore there are better places to get even more exp. Just because you killed ONE mob that gave you 4% doesn't mean every mob down there will. There is level variance.

Glad it works for you, but for the other 90% it's bad advice to stick around kurns past 20. It just causes zone hate because that one dude who's level 20+ is sucking up all the mobs. Some people don't even know about the caverns and for good reason.. there are better places to get exp at level 20.
But hey for some people it's hard to let go of something that's good even after it's no longer good.

feel free to tell me i'm wrong and fight me about it but facts are facts. and the fact is there are better places to get exp at level 20. period.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 03-04-2018 at 01:06 PM..
Closed Thread