Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Default My name I have on blue is not accepted on green?

I am trying to use the name from blue for my toon on green, and it keeps saying it is rejected. Is there something wrong with the name system?
Old 10-25-2019, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Are you on the same account? or did your toon get wiped with the purge?
Old 10-25-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Name rules may have been updated and your previously legit blue name is now illegal for character creation.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name rules may have been updated and your previously legit blue name is now illegal for character creation.
This is an outrage. We should get a pass for getting it to above 50.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:41 PM
Orc

Same issue. Worked for 5/5 of my characters but not this one. Client crashed at the "submitting name for approval" step--maybe of some relevance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you on the same account? or did your toon get wiped with the purge?
Mine are on the same account and the Blue toon has not been purged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting theory. To test it I tried creating two new chars using the full string from the original minus the first/last letter and both were successful. *shrugs*

Edit: Created a third toon containing the full string but with extra characters attached.
Last edited by Zymphonic; 10-25-2019 at 03:50 PM..
Old 10-25-2019, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

We demand our rightful names! Pixels arent the same if I do not have my noble name!
Old 12-25-2019, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

ever get this to work? just came across this same problem with my name.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

It's probably because there was a like 24 hour window early on when teal was made where the name restrictions on green/teal based on blue names weren't working. You could claim names that you shouldn't have been able to.

For example, multiple very niche names I have had on blue aren't available on teal even using the correct login account. I also was able to make Tecmos on teal (and green iirc) despite not having access to the correct login acccount anymore (though I deleted them cause I felt bad it might mean more work for rogean or nilbog to clear out illicit green/teal names... my scruples come and go.)

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=Green+blue
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-25-2019 at 06:26 PM..
Old 12-25-2019, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably because there was a like 24 hour window early on when teal was made where the name restrictions on green/teal based on blue names weren't working. You could claim names that you shouldn't havr been able to.
I thought this at first but I deleted my character with name on blue and it still wouldn’t let me make name on teal. So I tried recreating the character on blue and it let me.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this at first but I deleted my character with name on blue and it still wouldn’t let me make name on teal. So I tried recreating the character on blue and it let me.
You misunderstand me.

Having a name on blue was supposed to reserve that name for you (the same login account) on green and teal. But their was a brief bug where other people could steal your blue name on green/teal, and I don't think stolen names have since been purged off of green/teal.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-25-2019 at 06:32 PM..
Closed Thread