Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Default Temporarily splitting Green?

The idea has been brought up before a few times I reckon but now that we've experienced how horridly clogged the game can be first hand people might consider changing their stance.

I mean, retail had several servers so the experience would be smooth and comfortable when new content is released, so how unclassic would it really be to split green into a few mini-servers for just a couple of weeks? At least until people leave the terrible bottleneck that is newbie zones and start to spread out evenly in Norrath? And after people get past that point we could merge all the game servers back into one Green.

Even with faster respawn rates you walk into Blackburrow and every rock on the ground has 6 people around it. It's abysmal and hectic and unforgiving for people who have lives and a job and families to care for. Trains left and right, mobs getting ninja'd and nuked two milliseconds after they respawn and people two or three levels higher than you holding a monopoly on every single mob in dungeons that aren't designed to hold that many people.

I legitimately want the best for this community and feel like classic zones in retail were not designed to handle the overload that is the P99 population all at once, so if you have an opposing opinion just don't crucify me.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 10-30-2019, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

I fully support this idea!
Old 10-30-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

I support but also kinda like the quagmire especially since i'm not getting to play.

Its going to level out in a week or two so, probably should just leave it alone.

Splitting it now nerfs the hard work the current top levelers put in.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

No
Old 10-30-2019, 01:51 PM
Banned

Cut this thread down with a combine two handed sword
Old 10-30-2019, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cut this thread down with a combine two handed sword
loled

also staff polled the community on a secondary, temporary server to be merged at a later time and the result was no
Old 10-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its going to level out in a week or two so, probably should just leave it alone.
No it will not. Blizzard thought the same thing when they only released a few servers at launch for classic WoW, then had to implement layering technology which ruined immersion.

They promised to have layering off before the release of the world bosses. They said it would be an easy "switch off" once the population "levels out" after a month or two.

Guess what? The world bosses were released last week and layering is still on because they severely underestimated the amount of people that want to play. It's now over 2 months since release and there is no relief in sight for the population!

I believe you, and anyone that thinks, that this population will "level out" in any short amount of time, are making a grave miscalculation that will come back to haunt everyone else!
Old 10-30-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

To add:
There is absolutely no downside to a server split! It can be merged if need be later, as Rogean already stated.

No downside!
Old 10-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Mark this down as not happening. No reason for staff to waste resources on this.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mark this down as not happening. No reason for staff to waste resources on this.
The staff are the ones that actually offered to do this. Thanks for your input though.