Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Cen, your sig is real smooth, looks familiar...is it Psygnosis or something, old video game company ?
Old 10-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wouldn't even be unclassic to give underutilized zones a ZEM increase. Not doing it while adding the 100 other non-classic items is really just curious. The spirit of EQ is exploration, yet nothing is done to prevent 90% of the player base going Crushbone>Oasis>MM>HHK>MM>CoM>SolB>KC>Seb over and over and over and over and over and over. Classic spirit is not being nurtured IMO when the fix is so simple, added ZEM in underutilized zones.

Nearly all of the raid scene is custom content and/or exploited by today's knowledge so that it might as well be custom, I guess I just don't understand why the core of the game has been neglected for so long.
I agree bigtime
Old 10-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

As implied by the Everlore note about a level 24 necro NPC killing everyone in the zone, this was originally a very low level dungeon. It was sparsely populated because it's so far away from cities that CRs were a nightmare for mele classes. I used to hunt the giant snakes along the water because there was no danger of trains. This must have been around level 10, similar to the level you would camp the snake ledge in Blackburrow.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

When in the time line was (binds in) The Arena added? Feels non-release.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

The arena was in at release.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

My druid on test server solo'd a bit back in the day. You could charm the snakes and then use them to kill the two first gnoll spawns. The zone was awful after that though. Shit casting through walls, garbage loot, more shit aggroing through walls.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Kobold

I remember going there when it was low level , it was out of the way and did not have any city or bank nearby but the mobs did drop a lot of good trash loot for that level. Lots of gems and gold. I was playing a wizard and bound outside so I could port and exchange currency for my group a lot. I remember people selling food / drink there , people just became encumbered / ran out of food/drink but it was not as packed with players as Black Burrow so it provided a good place to hunt if you prepared for it.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:13 AM
Aviak

the original paw had the white gnolls you see in BlackBurrow on occasion and wandering south Karana. It was a much lower dungeon just above blackburrow but not by much. It later became the paw we have on p99, it was revamped a second time on live to house lvl 70ish mobs.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When in the time line was (binds in) The Arena added? Feels non-release.
Binds were allowed at release in the arena. There was an incorrect assumption on our server that the entire arena zone was pvp. People didn’t want to bind there fearing they would be caught naked in pvp zone and possibly be zerg grieved.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the staff had time to add old Paw yet.

In the meantime, here is a nice guide to old Paw from eqclerics (also useful for the devs I think):

http://web.archive.org/web/200103040...ide_to_paw.htm
Closed Thread