Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Default EQLive Classic Server?

Although it would most likely never happen, and if it did, wouldn't be as legit classic as p99, if EQLive started a classic server, how many of you would leave and play on Live? And if so, what lessons learned from p99 would u take when starting up there? What race/class would you play in retrospect of your p99 experience?
Last edited by Lowlife; 07-19-2010 at 02:26 PM..
Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although it would most likely never happen, and if it did, wouldn't be as legit classic as p99, if EQLive started a classic server, how many of you would leave and play on Live? And if so, what lessons learned from p99 would u take when starting up there? What race/class would you play in retrospect of your p99 experience?
SOE has repeatedly stated they don't have the resources available to recreate a true classic server. I would never give them another red cent for the original EQ live even if they tried.

That said, they have one more chance to get something out of me, EQ3 should be several years away at best however.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Project Manager

I don't play here, so I might play there. Guess that doesn't count as leaving though.

My experiences on p99 would lead me to believe that Sony's classic server would suffer from the same game mechanics flaws, and would progressively be fixed, if that was their goal.

From their own experience, I'd hope their server was time-based, and not target unlocks. Otherwise, Kunark would be opened within a couple months.

So, I'd start with an overpowered caster. Erudite magician sounds good.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Orc

Send a message via ICQ to Paxton Send a message via AIM to Paxton

No. Why? This place is perfect.

Only way I'd join is if Verant became a company again and John Smedley was running the project.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Kobold

It's perfect here! I love the integrity of the dev team.

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Otherwise, Kunark would be opened within a couple months.
^^ Which is why I probably wouldn't be too interested in playing on Live..
Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

I would so not pay to play an EQclassic server run by SOE when I can play this one run by individuals with a vision of preserving the classic/kunark/velious experience.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would so not pay to play an EQclassic server run by SOE when I can play this one run by individuals with a vision of preserving the classic/kunark/velious experience.
I would highly support Sony 'outsourcing' an EQ classic server to this dev team and would in fact pay for it, if the 'vision' could be maintained and perhaps even added to - with new content that's in line with the concept of a difficult but rewarding MMO.

Instead of easy MMO's - that could never really be rewarding, since they are too easy.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pepperjill, 48 Cleric
Flowerpot, 46 Druid (dead)
Parlor, 36 Enchanter
Old 07-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As funny as this is, I think it was always kind of unfair to SoE to criticize "the vision." It is true that there were contradictions and discrepancies even in their official statements about what "the vision" was, but you can rarely find large organizations that don't have some contradictions within their goals.

Some aspects of "the vision" were fairly clear, others were unclear. As gamers tend to be really pessimistic and overly critical (see comic book guy from the Simpsons), they heavily focused on the unclear/contradictory parts.
Closed Thread