Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Damn it Swish. Does the kid get away or the cop shoot him in the ass?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn it Swish. Does the kid get away or the cop shoot him in the ass?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 02-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Kobold

enchanter, duh
Old 02-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

If you played EQ heavily in the past, why do you need to ask what to play? You already know the classes' respective roles and how they perform them. Class breakdown and desirability on P1999 isn't all that much different than it was on Live. It's the same game, after all. Leveling is slow and EQ takes a lot of time--pick a class and race you like and don't look back.

Just like Live--maybe even to a greater degree due to the lower population here--the key to desirability isn't class so much as skill. Good players of any class make friends and receive group and guild invites. Lousy players eventually find themselves with limited options.

Current population can be divided up into four levels:

Druid/Necromancer/Monk/Shaman at the top
Enchanter/Warrior/Cleric in the upper mid-range
Rogue/Bard/Magician in the lower mid-range
Wizard/Shadow Knight/Paladin/Ranger at the bottom

This relative relationship has remained accurate on P1999 for several years, at least. Note that the lesser-played classes are lesser-played for a reason. Don't pick them if you want to be incredibly powerful and desired for all groups.

Danth
Old 02-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Orc

Made an enc and got to 6 so far, but in the few groups I've been in so far, tanks seem to be scarce. I'm sure things are different at higher levels, but I'm already considering re-rolling warrior before I've committed too much to enc.

It is interesting you say bard actually has a mid-to-low population? Any reason for this? I remember that skillful bards can be incredibly OP and quite fun. I ruled out bard simply because I assumed they were everywhere.

It looks like I've got some thinking to do...

Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisrak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made an enc and got to 6 so far, but in the few groups I've been in so far, tanks seem to be scarce. I'm sure things are different at higher levels, but I'm already considering re-rolling warrior before I've committed too much to enc.

It is interesting you say bard actually has a mid-to-low population? Any reason for this? I remember that skillful bards can be incredibly OP and quite fun. I ruled out bard simply because I assumed they were everywhere.

It looks like I've got some thinking to do...

Thanks for all the feedback!
There are some bards around, just not a lot of good ones and a lot of them solo. Also, there is the EXP penalty for bards which drives away some players.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't base anything off of grouping at lvl 6
Old 02-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Orc

Ouch 40% xp penalty for bard is rough. Well it looks like I'm gonna stick with enc and see where that takes me! Thanks for the advice and see you guys in game!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Magician is a fun and relatively solo-ready class. They are low stress and can farm quite well at higher levels. Torch of Alna + Fire Pet FTW.
Closed Thread