Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand what their thought process is on that, but it also doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. We were in kunark for how long? The timeline isn't authentic. It's strange picking and chosing what to be authentic about when other aspects of the server are clearly not authentic. And in the end im ok with any decision the server staff wants to make, its their server, but it just seems odd to me to try and stick to certain mechanics that are "classic" yet damaging to gameplay when other aspects of the server are clearly not classic at all.
timeline isnt authentic.

wipe it
Old 08-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
timeline isnt authentic.

wipe it
Burn this mother effer down! Nah, thats not what im saying. Just that im confused as to why they drag out game-damaging features to keep a classic timeline that isn't classic at all. It took soe 2(?) years to remove the exp penalty, so why didnt they remove it after 2 years here?
Old 08-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

It'll be nice having this lifted for my last few levels =)
Old 08-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Banned

Speaking of wizards, I'm glad mine is finally good sustained dps. Celebrate!
Old 08-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand what their thought process is on that, but it also doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. We were in kunark for how long? The timeline isn't authentic. It's strange picking and chosing what to be authentic about when other aspects of the server are clearly not authentic. And in the end im ok with any decision the server staff wants to make, its their server, but it just seems odd to me to try and stick to certain mechanics that are "classic" yet damaging to gameplay when other aspects of the server are clearly not classic at all.
Yes, I know. It is what it is, though.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I know. It is what it is, though.
Indeed. If it was my server (famous last words?), I would consider leaving the penalty in 1-50, and removing in Kunark.
*shrug*

It definitely doesn't help grouping, and with all the angst against boxing/plvling, it doesn't seem logical to leave it in. That said, I have no idea how complicated it is to remove, so. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's no hybrid penalty on that new server can we have run speed AAs and LDoN added? They were all in classic zones so it wouldn't take patching expansions.

Thanks... oh and beastlords were fun werent they? We can do it without cats this time? Thanks.

(I think its either classic or a pandora's box of stuff that only a minority want to see)
I really liked how LDoN was integrated into existing zones. Get rid of the instancing and baby you got a expansion going.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even more important than the removal of exp penalty is the increase in stats that hybrids received in Velious. Are those in the game yet?
WTB info.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:13 AM
Sarnak

Default huh

what the heck is this new server people in this thread keep referring to?

I'm not aware of any plans to make a new server?
Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what the heck is this new server people in this thread keep referring to?

I'm not aware of any plans to make a new server?
There was talk that a 'recycle' blue server was going to launch sometime after Velious. Apparently, it would merge back into the original P99 blue server after some point. *shrug*
Closed Thread