Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drop 20 points or so into Tailoring and turn every ruined Pelt into tattered armor. The pattern costs about 5 silver and the vendor buys the tattered armor for about 1.5 gold. Buy a stack of patterns and carry them in your sewing kit. Protip: gorgets only weigh 0.4 stone.
That's my method. Once at trivial, guaranteed tripling of money. Turn 1 plat for 20 patterns into 3 plat for crafted items. It's slow, but a constant trickle of plat into my purse. Side benefit: I also turn the meat into sandwiches and steaks for minimal cost.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

Lavastorm drakes / dervishes / imps and elementals have been good to me.

No issues for plat on my Necro in his teens.

For the Faydwer folk, Steamfont offers similar plat in the form of harpies, drake's and the odd mino slaver.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A whole camp clear is like 12pp - x8 (not efficient enough to get all spawns in, in the hour), you’re lookin at 96pp an hour. How’d you only snag 500pp?! Or are you only allowed one kill now that they’re locked up?
i was almost always duo at this camp, cause its so popular even when there only 200 ppl online, someone is there
Old 11-14-2019, 01:49 AM
Aviak

#1: Loot everything. if it's not no-drop, then it has value on a merchant.

#2: Newbie Yard target priority: Decaying Skeletons > Humanoid mobs > Bears / Wolves > Bats > Bugs > Snakes

#3: learn what quests give what rewards. Just because the bone chip quests XP has been destroyed on Green (because classic has an asterisk!) doesn't mean the monetary rewards should be overlooked. Four bone chips can translate into a four GP tattered tunic in Kaladim; six bone chips can net a rawhide tunic worth a plat in Erudin!

#4: Stockpile cash. The levels between fifteen and thirty are kind of a ghost town for money due to the necessity of grouping and the absolute guarantee your groupmates will be instantly-clicking the cash out of every mob while you med, believing that autosplit actually splits money. It doesn't matter if those bandits in Lake Rathe are XP greens to you - grab all the sashes and bronze you can for as long as the camp is viable.

#5: Don't be afraid to auction stupid stuff (just don't expect much for it.) Someone out there wants a bunch of spiderling silk. Someone out there wants that Rune of Al'Kabor. Someone out there wants that Clay Idol. it never hurts to let people know you have something before you merchant it off.

#6: Prioritize your purchases. Spellcasters need spells before they need any gear. Melee characters need weapons before they need armor. Casters need their casting stat before they need other stats. Melee characters need armor class before they need other stats (at least, for now.) If the upgrade you're looking at isn't a strong one, then it's a sidegrade and you should save your money (Upgrading from tattered armor to banded is a big upgrade. Upgrading from chainmail to banded is only an upgrade if you really have the cash to spare, otherwise it's a sidegrade.)

#7: Decide what cities you don't care about. Kill their guards. City guards are usually pretty well-paid, dropping several plat in cash, plus weapons of at least fine steel quality. Oggok, Felwithe, and Misty Thicket wall guards are the easiest ones here, but almost all of them are viable.

Grobb (levle 40): 3pp cash, Longsword (11p), round shield (1.5p) guaranteed; assorted gems & research, rarely fine steel .
Neriak (levels 35-40): fine steel great staff and round shield guaranteed; research and gem drops as per level; occasional extra fine steel. Average 5pp cash
Nektulos (levels 16-22): Bronze long sword guaranteed; level-appropriate cash, gems, research
Feerott (level 37): Fine steel longsword and round shield guaranteed; low cash (1pp average)
Oggok (level 37): Fine steel longsword and round shield guaranteed; 90% chance of a Crude Stein; 3-7pp and level-appropriate gems / research
Steamfont Mountains (level 35): Short sword (2p) and small round shield guaranteed; chance at ringmail armor; 3-ish PP.
Ak'Anon (level 37): Short sword and small round shield guaranteed; assorted clockwork junk and low-level research. Very low cash.
Qeynos (level 8 - 15): Guaranteed Rusty longsword and ~1gp cash for both corrupt and legit guards. Was unable to kill Arathur or Lancot while collecting data (level 50's, immune to all spells I threw at them as 65 Beastlord, high HP regen; essentially they have the gate guard buff)
Erudin (level 30) 3pp and a LORE item battle Staff (4pp to a merchant) guaranteed. These guys are all Paladins and LoH themselves. (Also, maybe a Live-only feature, but they carry a truly MASSIVE -300 faction hit to the High Guard of erudin and -255 to the merchants of erudin; also a +45 to Heretics faction if that's your jam)
Felwithe (level 42): Guaranteed Two-Handed Sword (21p); 5-9pp, level-appropriate jewelry and research. Like erudin these are all paladins and will LoH and cast healing on themselves and each other.
Kelethin (level 40-42) Guaranteed fine steel long sword and round shield; Some dual weild another fine steel. ~5pp cash. Captain Silverwind is level 44, dame drops, but with a guaranteed non-FS longsword (11p)
Everfrost peaks (level 40) Guaranteed fine steel two-handed sword; very low cash (max 4pp).
Halas (level 40):guaranteed fine steel two-handed sword; 4-5pp average cash
Butcherblock Mountains (level 40): Guaranteed Dwarven Axe (4pp); ~5p cash; semi-rare chance at fine steel weapons.
Kaladim (level 38-40): Guaranteed drop of battle Axe (9.5pp) and small kite shield (4pp) ~5pp in cash, mid-range gems and research. Occasional fine steel.
Misty Thicket (level 25-30): Guaranteed Spear (10p) and small Round shield. Got the other occasional non-FS weapon; also a few bronze weapon drops. Averaged 1pp cash. (Loot may be quite different; Misty is one of the revamped zones on live)
Rivervale (level 37): Guaranteed short sword drop. Average cash of 9 silver (good lord)

And just for completeness:
Paineel (levels 15-27): Bronze bastard sword and kite shield (4pp) guaranteed; upwards of 3 plat cash. VERY low HP for their levels (pet killed a level 23 guard with a 75 hit and 155 Relic blast).
Freeport: I collected all this data on live servers; Freeport is a stupid mess with level 99 guards roaming in packs of up to ten. No data collected.
Cabilis (level 50): My beastlord's hometown, but i still tried; seems that attacking a guard causes a pretty high aggro radius, I could never pull one without at least two more coming in. Very high HP, very resistant; not gate guard level, but still tough enough that three was more of a challenge that I wanted to put up with.
Last edited by TheRusty; 11-14-2019 at 01:59 AM..
Old 11-14-2019, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

I am wondering 1 thing I saw a dark elf killing his own guards in neriak. Wouldn't it be better to kill guards that hate you in that case in good city then killing your faction in your home town or in town of the same side.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#4: Stockpile cash. The levels between fifteen and thirty are kind of a ghost town for money due to the necessity of grouping and the absolute guarantee your groupmates will be instantly-clicking the cash out of every mob while you med, believing that autosplit actually splits money. It doesn't matter if those bandits in Lake Rathe are XP greens to you - grab all the sashes and bronze you can for as long as the camp is viable.
There's actually a good number of places in classic to farm plat between 15-30
Old 11-14-2019, 07:44 AM
Fire Giant

On a whim, I looked at all my logs for my new Druid. He is a halfling, went immediately to Steamfont to level, got to level 4, went to Kaladim and turned in 6 stacks of collected bone chips, got to level 4.6, went back out to BB and leveled to about 4.85, turned in another 2 stacks, and leveled to 5. So at level 5 from all that, I had about 40 plat, which got me my level 5 spells I wanted, and a couple level 1's.

In that time, I killed basically just skels and kobs in SF, and skels, gobs, and the off scarab and spider since they were level 2.

Here's the count of what gets you to 30-40 plat by level 5.

224 a decaying gnome skeleton
99 a kobold runt
65 a decaying dwarf skeleton
53 a goblin whelp
17 a worker scarab
10 a large rat
8 a rock spiderling
7 a gnome skeleton
4 a decaying skeleton
2 a giant wasp drone
1 orc pawn
1 an infected rat
1 a snake
Old 11-14-2019, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a whim, I looked at all my logs for my new Druid. He is a halfling, went immediately to Steamfont to level, got to level 4, went to Kaladim and turned in 6 stacks of collected bone chips, got to level 4.6, went back out to BB and leveled to about 4.85, turned in another 2 stacks, and leveled to 5. So at level 5 from all that, I had about 40 plat, which got me my level 5 spells I wanted, and a couple level 1's.

In that time, I killed basically just skels and kobs in SF, and skels, gobs, and the off scarab and spider since they were level 2.

Here's the count of what gets you to 30-40 plat by level 5.

224 a decaying gnome skeleton
99 a kobold runt
65 a decaying dwarf skeleton
53 a goblin whelp
17 a worker scarab
10 a large rat
8 a rock spiderling
7 a gnome skeleton
4 a decaying skeleton
2 a giant wasp drone
1 orc pawn
1 an infected rat
1 a snake
Great example. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolled my first Ogre.. the lizard tails and meat quest.. 2g a turn in and more lizard broodlings then you can shake a stick at, plus they drop weapons and cloth on top of that.

By 5 I had full banded, forged wep, and 50p to spare.

Life’s been disappointing after that though, farming bear pelts in commonlands way less efficient.

Any other good ones? Planning to switch to wisp hunting once I reach 9 or so.
I can tell you did roll him the first week. Every spawn was perma camped in the noob area.
Closed Thread