Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ours brains rewire based on the application/utilization of new technology. It's understandable that people rely on Vent/TS vastly more now a days than they did back then.

I would agree with Ele though. The crutch that is voice talk, cripples people's ability to type quickly, and pay attention to chat boxes. There are many people I know who don't read guild chat at all because they expect everything important in Vent/TS.

I learned to type fast largely due to EQ/Raid leading with no voice chat. One of the most impressive aspects of my guild on PC was our ability to down extremely complex events with no required voice chat program. We were just articulate enough to put across the important information that everyone needed to get the job done.

If Teamspeak and Ventrilo and Skype all died for a day, and Rogean did a repop. Oh lord Jesus would that be a sight to behold.
It's a double edged sword though because often important cues are relayed in vent and not so much in chat so if you aren't in vent/ts you're sitting there wondering what's going on staring at a dead chat box.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Speak was not even released until 2001 (Luclin days).

Lets get back to pure chat raids and grouping like we had in the good ol' days.

It shouldn't be that hard using the custom dll included with p99 to override the mic input channels to disable the player's microphone while playing EQ.
http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/ is not classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it be RMT if I set up a conference call that charges everyone in it .50 a minute (funds going to me of course) and I require all my raiders to use it?
No but anyone who paid the fee would be paying an idiot tax so they probably deserve to be charged.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

TS provides a higher lvl of game play

Voted no
Old 05-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/ is not classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Owned.

"Get off my lawn!" - this thread.

Ps- wouldn't the OP's suggestion be less classic?
Old 05-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate the over use of Team Speak and Vent.

Usually just a bunch of verbal diarrhea and it causes people to not read guild/group chat and miss important information since they are waiting for an audio cue while tabbed out or watching TV.
this times 1000

I can't tell you how many times I've attempted to retrieve Adderall prescriptions for guild mates who are oblivious to anything other than spoken words in voice chat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Would it be RMT if I set up a conference call that charges everyone in it .50 a minute (funds going to me of course) and I require all my raiders to use it?
No that's just smart raid leading. No different than asking your guild to donate to support the guild website.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this times 1000

I can't tell you how many times I've attempted to retrieve Adderall prescriptions for guild mates who are oblivious to anything other than spoken words in voice chat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You give out adderall to your guild? I want in.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

I hate vent/ts, but I'm in the minority
Closed Thread