Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Banned

The event was set up for a certain select few people. Even if you happened to be level 30+ you would still need to be grouped or be lucky enough to be a Mage/Shaman/Wizard. Clearly no thought about the hybrids either...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The event was set up for a certain select few people. Even if you happened to be level 30+ you would still need to be grouped or be lucky enough to be a Mage/Shaman/Wizard. Clearly no thought about the hybrids either...
some proof would be nice before you go making accusations like this

sure it was a badly put together event without much thought being put into it.. but to go as far as to say it was gm favoritism? thats a bit overboard
Old 10-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This goes back to the question why would we have an event like this and how does this event live up to the theme of this server? This is something one of those EZ servers would do.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

I'm completely disgusted with this also and had no part in its planning or execution.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Aviak

/grabs his popcorn
Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Aviak

Send a message via Yahoo to Derazor

Eboots were dropping even? Djarn is a mini raid in the classic world. Passing out Eboots off high 20 mobs for that small number of 35+ is stupid.

Epic fail.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

This server is fun
Last edited by JayDee; 05-10-2010 at 04:23 AM..
Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Project Manager

This won't be happening anymore..
Last edited by nilbog; 10-27-2009 at 09:00 AM..
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.

Outraged as you all might be, your complaints are drops in the bucket--

These items are available in the game right now. They will soon be widespread as CT is fixed and Doljonijiarnimorinar begins to fall to single groups. And let's face it... except for a rare few items that were removed for the reason (hi manastone), gear just does not unbalance EQ at this stage. (ZOMG, 9 WIS)

GM's, don't let this get to you. As much as Internet QQ is widespread, any forum is the gathering place for the whining. You will find the greatest concentration of complaints on a forum.

As any seasoned forum-goer can tell you, the forum is absolutely NOT representative of the general populace. As such, I think it's time I strike against this biased sample of the project 1999 playerbase.

The personal touch is what separates EQ from its inferior followers. It is what separates the Verant era from the Sony era. It was intense, immersive. GM events are precisely this.

Giving out items that people will have in a few weeks, or even months, anyway is not unbalancing. Keeping the right balance is the key, and here I take my lesson from Futurama--

As a GM, you don't want to interfere so much that people become reliant upon you for guidance and assistance. However, you don't want to be so distant that people stop believing in you...

As a suggestion, I wonder if more GM events are useful here. And I wonder if the players are gracious enough to respect you if you /broadcast that the current event is for players no higher than 20, for example. I guess if they aren't, you always have the #kill command. <3

Keep it up, Nilbog. Everything you(plural) have done here is supremely impressive; don't let these naysayers' fecal matter stick. I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said something to the effect that no one can hurt you with words without your consent.

While there may be parts of Classic I'd rather never see return, GM events are definitely something to keep.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Large Rat

Totally agree with Majyn on this one.
Closed Thread