Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lot of bad blood btwn devs and old red community bc their smugness and entitlement. doubt there will ever be any new p99 pvp servers bc of that bad blood. wOn ThE bOx btw
If I understand your humour right it sounds like they won nothing, just lost the red 2 box.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Someone in a thread here made a comment about a teams roleplaying server, and that got me thinking. What would a pvp server with roleplay encouraged be like?

I've always felt that pvp was a necessary element for any true roleplay server, and I had a lot of fun RPing back on VZ.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

There's a reason nobody plays red and lotsa people still play blue. If you want classic PvP go play Unreal Tournament.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want classic PvP go play Unreal Tournament.
vibes

Old 09-06-2021, 12:17 PM
Banned

Unreal had Lilith in it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Lilith
Old 09-06-2021, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

I prefer games with elves and magic :P
Old 09-06-2021, 12:23 PM
Banned

Well. Lilith is technically undead.

Deus Ex is unreal engine and has nanoswords. Could easily mod in shields, teleports, fireballs, dispells, invisibility. Dots. Heals.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:03 PM
Banned

I remember playing the hell outta Unreal Tournament in computer class in high school on the LAN vs my class

Our regular teacher eventually got savvy to it but substitutes never were. I remember we convinced one that it was a game we developed ourselves as a class project. He was an old dude very unfamiliar with computers who said “wow you guys did a good job, you could sell this” [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2021, 03:56 PM
Banned

Red only makes sense in a TLP environment where the new populaton can:

1) Use DLCs to get their raid gear

2) join a server that isn't so far ahead of them that they can actually catch up and have a job at the same time.

TLP PvP may get you a few hardcores looking for a more technically accurate classic PvP. But there just isn't a big enough population to keep a Red any bigger than the current one.

Meanwhile, EQ PvP was tested for popularity with making the Zek server free. It didn't show the kind of popularity they are looking for. I don't necessarily think it was conclusive. But it will be hard to get DarkPaw to try it without some kind of evidence it could be good business.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Red is perfect the way it is. Just like classic it only has a fraction of the playerbase interested, because PVP sucks and is full of assholes. The difference here is we have a much smaller overall playerbase to draw from.
Closed Thread