Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No guild ran blue like TMO. They were ruthless.
TMO was just straight up cringe. Not being respectable neckbeardism like rampage

but just straight up disgusting
Old 09-08-2021, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

Necrious is worth a mention as well.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:33 AM
Aviak

I don't remember the guy's name, but ~2 years back there was a 59 or 60 enchanter duoing with a 59 cleric in Howling Stones, who let me tag along on my necro as they cleared West over and over.

This enchanter was a machine. He was pulling the entire wing in 2-3 giant pulls, and it was just nonstop butt-clenching carnage, with 10 or more mobs constantly aggroed on us at any one time for a couple hours straight with zero downtime.

I've gotten a necro to 60 and an enchanter to 60 and seen a decent amount of people doing their thing solo, in duos, and in groups, but I've never seen anyone else that impressed me so much with what they were able to pull off.
Last edited by tranceminus; 09-08-2021 at 02:35 AM..
Old 09-08-2021, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember the guy's name, but ~2 years back there was a 59 or 60 enchanter duoing with a 59 cleric in Howling Stones, who let me tag along on my necro as they cleared West over and over.

This enchanter was a machine. He was pulling the entire wing in 2-3 giant pulls, and it was just nonstop butt-clenching carnage, with 10 or more mobs constantly aggroed on us at any one time for a couple hours straight with zero downtime.

I've gotten a necro to 60 and an enchanter to 60 and seen a decent amount of people doing their thing solo, in duos, and in groups, but I've never seen anyone else that impressed me so much with what they were able to pull off.
Some incredible players to be found in HS. Seen Brood Mother / Lower Dogs in Velks often showcases some good talent too.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know Raev is the same person as Loraen, who was mentioned a few posts earlier, right?

I actually always think of him as an enchanter first, but it was really interesting to watch him start playing monk after playing enchanter for so many years.

Of the A-Team crew, I actually thought Save and Mauricewhite (Pasi) were the best enchanters. Mauricewhite seemed to have some of the most overall knowledge of EQ compared to anyone else I interacted with.

Looking at recent player things I've seen in videos, Liia has done some really impressive solo stuff across multiple classes.

Not that I know them well, but reading stuff about PVP/training in VP on Blue, Necrious and Sentenza were the names I always heard thrown out the most.

In terms of nicest prominent players in the raid scene, I always thought Hokushin, Franswa, Eabon, and Zagum were pretty great. I'd always want to play under leadership I knew had integrity or were genuinely nice people.

In terms of knowledge of helping this project develop (if that's a worthwhile category), Ele and Daldaen did an absurd number of mechnanics/bug reporting in the earlier phases of this project.
I agree with most of this list, although a bit old school (I don't know many newer top players though). Definitely Save and Liia are my top. Mauricewhite (pasi) is an encyclopedia of Velious mechanics and an incredible player too.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No guild ran blue like TMO. They were ruthless.
Bro, they had no competition and got dominated.

IB had 40 complete VP keys before TMO was reliably breaking fear. Peoples memory is weird.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Me

p.s. idk if that video on first page is a joke but anyone keyboard turning is the farthest away from skilled possible
Old 09-13-2021, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

I think best player is beastagor / salem from red

A few other guys on red that I payed with that were great at pushing buttons in correct order, Loudog comes to mind because he was the last guy I grouped with. He knows how to push buttons.

I think it depends on what skillset you're looking for. Some people are better encyclopedia of raid scenarios than others.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro, they had no competition and got dominated.

IB had 40 complete VP keys before TMO was reliably breaking fear. Peoples memory is weird.
TMO ran the server for a few years, your talking pre 2012. I wasn’t around so didn’t see what your referencing. Of course they weren’t top dog while they were forming. But anyone who was on server 2012+ saw what TMO did.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
TMO ran the server for a few years, your talking pre 2012. I wasn’t around so didn’t see what your referencing. Of course they weren’t top dog while they were forming. But anyone who was on server 2012+ saw what TMO did.
yea i saw them get their ass kicked in velious, hope that helped.
Closed Thread