Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2021, 08:22 AM
Geaux Geaux is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 28
Default THE ONE THING ALL NEWBS NEED TO KNOW ABOVE ALL ELSE

Use F8 to target nearest MOB...

This post was made mostly for players that do not spend a great deal of time reading the forums (like me)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2021, 08:50 AM
Kakur Kakur is offline
Large Rat


Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 6
Default

The ~ / ` key works too. Nice to hit that and then Q to turn on attack. Works for me... just saying.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2021, 09:08 AM
BlackBellamy BlackBellamy is offline
Planar Protector

BlackBellamy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kurn's Tower, NYC
Posts: 2,406
Default

imo the first thing everyone should do is rebind their keys
should never have to hit a function key in your life here
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2021, 01:47 PM
Geaux Geaux is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imo the first thing everyone should do is rebind their keys
should never have to hit a function key in your life here
How do I rebind keys, and does it stay rebound, or is it like the bottom 4 action buttons that poof when you zone or log?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2021, 01:51 PM
Tunabros Tunabros is offline
Planar Protector

Tunabros's Avatar

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Taichung, Taiwan
Posts: 2,424
Default

TIL you can use F8

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2021, 01:55 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector

Jibartik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,881
Default

I cant remember can /autoattack on work on p99?

replacing your hotkey that turns on and off melee attack with /autoattack is very cool IMO because often I turn on and off attack over and over again trying to spam to make sure it's on and I realize im standing there doing nothing 40 seconds later.

This prevents that!

You have to learn other ways to turn it off, I duck constantly because the arms down pose is cooler than the arms up pose and doing that will quickly get you to it, so I have x tied to duck, thats my simple little trick!
__________________
🏰🛡️🧙🏼Classic UI Quest🧝🏼🔮🗡️
🐾🦄 Classic Mob Safari 🐗🐾
📖🧛🍾The Wisest Necro🦇🧟💀
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2021, 02:16 PM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant remember can /autoattack on work on p99?

replacing your hotkey that turns on and off melee attack with /autoattack is very cool IMO because often I turn on and off attack over and over again trying to spam to make sure it's on and I realize im standing there doing nothing 40 seconds later.

This prevents that!

You have to learn other ways to turn it off, I duck constantly because the arms down pose is cooler than the arms up pose and doing that will quickly get you to it, so I have x tied to duck, thats my simple little trick!
The player name/health/mana/stamina window border flashes red when attacking.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2021, 02:28 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Planar Protector

Jibartik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The player name/health/mana/stamina window border flashes red when attacking.
Bro I am watching netflix.
__________________
🏰🛡️🧙🏼Classic UI Quest🧝🏼🔮🗡️
🐾🦄 Classic Mob Safari 🐗🐾
📖🧛🍾The Wisest Necro🦇🧟💀
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Gorgoleon Gorgoleon is offline
Large Bat


Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I rebind keys, and does it stay rebound, or is it like the bottom 4 action buttons that poof when you zone or log?
Alt+O

Yes the keys stay bound, unlike 7-0 on your hotbar.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-11-2021, 08:35 AM
BlackBellamy BlackBellamy is offline
Planar Protector

BlackBellamy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kurn's Tower, NYC
Posts: 2,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgoleon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alt+O

Yes the keys stay bound, unlike 7-0 on your hotbar.
Literally the first thing I changed was to remove the alt modifier to options.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.