Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 01:28 PM
Aviak

I never had trouble just doing IVU and zoning in. If something aggroes you, FD, then form a strategy. The two mobs at the zone in usually aren't gonna be able to instagib you.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I haven't had an issue yet. 55 necro been there since 53 or so.

Manaskin, DMF, IVU, zone.

If double undead, hooray.

If its live mob + undead I usually just try to get out of los / aggro range of the undead at the cost of eating some live mob hits. Root the live mob, charm the undead, clear the HT. Worst case you eat the HT have to flop for a bit and figure out strategy...but at least if you immediately move towards the outside square (anywhere but east) before you flop you'll be able to plan the best time to stand back up.

If double live who cares they don't harmtouch.
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-14-2021 at 07:55 AM..
Old 09-14-2021, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

The assumption you always need to make is you will get double Harm Touched. That is the worst case scenario for zoning in, as you will get nuked for around 900 damage, and then start getting hit for hundreds.

As an SK I just run in and FD if I get agro. I have yet to die from just the two mobs at the entrance. You could theoretically get really unlucky and zone into someone somehow training mobs, but I have never seen that happen.

However, as an SK I have the HP to take two Harm Touches without issue, and I have Blood Ember Greaves in case the initial FD fails. I imagine a Necro has more problems with taking two Harm Touches before attempting FD, and FD fails are a bigger problem. Harmshield before zone-in would be the safest bet. You would be able to burn both Harm Touches on the Harmshield, then FD as soon as it wears off for minimal HP loss. At that point you would certainly have enough HP to withstand some hits if the initial FD fails.

EDIT: I think Harmshield before zone in depends on how fast your load times are. Pretty sure buffs tick through loading screen, so if you are a slow loader it may not work. I would do some tests with Harmshield and zoning before going to HS.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-14-2021 at 11:02 AM..
Old 09-15-2021, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The assumption you always need to make is you will get double Harm Touched.
wrong - ivu makes this impossible

worst case is a single harm touch
Old 09-15-2021, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wrong - ivu makes this impossible

worst case is a single harm touch
Wrong, you can have a live mob chilling there besides the two mobs that spawn there[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You could spawn in when someone failed at killing entrance golems, or they have a entrance golem rooted near spawn in, etc.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it's been years since I have hunted in HS. I can't remember exactly how I would zone in as a necromancer. It's either Harmshield and zone in or zone in and then Harmshield.

I guess my basic question is does Harmshield fall off on zoning or is it safe to pop it then zone in? I don't want to zone into a loading.... screen if I can avoid it.

I know double invis is the best way but its not always an option on Green
Harmshield holds during zone in. It’s the safest way in. IVU or rapid feign work well, but Harmshield is fool proof.

Just have DMF up, harmshield, zone in, get the lay of the land, then click off snd feign there or run off north, click off, and feign when you hit the north wall.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:06 PM
Banned

howling stones is such a fucked zone

farming DS is so cringe too
Old 09-17-2021, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, you can have a live mob chilling there besides the two mobs that spawn there[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You could spawn in when someone failed at killing entrance golems, or they have a entrance golem rooted near spawn in, etc.
ill take things that never happen for $500, alex

99.9% of the time its exactly as I described (on blue)

if busy on green then its just greater odds of an even easier situation

inb4 you argue purely for the sake of arguing with insane hypotheticals
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-17-2021 at 12:38 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

True story: I was killing at ent and had my hexbone + two golems when charm broke before I’d rooted anything. No problem, I feign.

The literal moment I feign, two people zoned in right into my three mobs. Insta-gibbed.

I also had a goo get gfluxed or something out of basement once, and they pathed back with Drusella in tow. So worst case can get pretty bad!

But seriously, there’s no reason for a necro to not just harmshield zone in and feign at their leisure. Other strategies are for other classes.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

So angry lol. If you want to be safe, assume the worst. If you don't care, just run in and get ready to FD, you should be fine[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I never claimed these situations were common, but I have seen stuff like this happen before. Unless you have a friend in zone, you just never know what could be going on at spawn in. Corpse recovery can be a pain in HS, so why not be a little more cautious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But seriously, there’s no reason for a necro to not just harmshield zone in and feign at their leisure. Other strategies are for other classes.
Agreed.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-17-2021 at 12:55 PM..
Closed Thread