Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 02:24 PM
Banned

simple answer to Yendor loot monkey's concerns and woes:

git gud, scrub
Old 09-17-2021, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

No one has answered why it's so important and why there is so much vitriol being spewed at the mere suggestion that, next launch, we could potentially try a rotation server and a competitive server.

People like Tunabros and SantagarBrax could compete to their hearts' content on the competitive server. They could make it extra competitive by making in PVP. Then whatever bullshit SantagarBrax is spewing about EARNING MY LOOT GOTDAMMIT actually makes sense, because what better way to earn your loot than to fight other guilds for it instead of hiding behind petitions and finding loopholes in rules?

People like me and a few like-minded others in this thread could enjoy the rotation server. Whatever we loot there has absolutely no bearing on the competitive server. You are still free to lord your precious pixels over the others on the competitive server. You will literally never see me and my "low effort" pixels.

I thought one argument (however foolish) could be: "Well, if you can just log in with your friends, strategize, fight the raid target, and win loot at a scheduled time, without needing to answer a 3am batphone and gather together all of the players with the most free time to ensure you have an overwhelming raid force for every encounter, and play this like it's the fucking Olympics like I do, then that somehow makes all the dumb shit I'm doing over pixels seem like a huge waste of my life." But the same people are telling me to go play another server, or TAKP, or a TLP. So I get the same pixels for less effort on one of those servers. Same level of impact to you: zero. What difference does it make if it's on TAKP or if it's on one of the P99 servers that you are not playing on because you are against rotated content?

Is it because a hypothetical competitive and rotation server at next launch would share the same forums and you can't lord your pixels over me on the forums now? Of course not, because just like anyone posts any accomplishments now from the Blue server, the response is "no one cares about the beta server". So obviously the response would be "no one cares about the rotated server." So that can't be it either.

I read https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=57 and it still does not make sense to me why that individual's decision to place way too much emphasis on spending his life to win pixels and dominate everyone else should impact me and others like me here on P99 who would like to be able to play the game without making it a 2nd job. The only people making it a 2nd job are try-hard players like SantagarBrax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're advocating for an optional server with rotated content...there's plenty of other servers out there with that exact feature in mind. Take your friends and go have fun?
Sure, show me one with no boxing and adhering to a strict timeline of patches and quality of life features like P99. You can't. Otherwise we would have already been there due to people like you ruining the raid scene for the rest of us. Better yet, how does going to one of those servers not cheapen the effort you've put in to obtain pixels here, yet somehow a rotation server here would cheapen your effort and therefore we are in no way allowed to have that absolutely ever because of "...reasons..."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have any idea how long some people have been wanting some items, or any items, for some of their other toons? Not to mention the BiS stuff from off of Vulak / Doze / etc for their main toons?? People have literally been waiting YEARS. And here you come along and want to shit on everyone else's time and sacrifices just so you and your friends can "have some fun".
Irrelevant. Having an optional rotation P99 server impacts you on your proposed competitive server in the exact same amount as if we ran off to one of those other servers you speak of.

Quote:
Do you have any concept of the amount of bullshit raiders have had to wade through, across guilds and across server rule changes, just to get the opportunity for that one item they've been after for years?? How about how many times we've failed before we learned to succeed, over and over again? Can you imagine how many bites of the shit sandwich people take and continue to drive on like the consummate professionals they are, all the while dealing with differing personalities, politics, and all the social abstracts that come with being in a raiding guild? It can take one person up to 6 months of raiding to get just ONE bis item. There's people on this server that have been playing for 10 years and just recently gained full BiS. Constantly sacrificing some of their time and dealing with infinite bitching and moaning from you casuals about "whaaaa, we just want to enjoy the content too without any effort!" and all the while against the very nature of the game.
Irrelevant. You created that situation for yourselves by placing ridiculous amounts of importance on pixels on a 22-year old emulation of an elf-simulator (i.e. not even the real Everquest) to the point where you have to create an infrastructure to give you every advantage so there isn't even any competition at all. Even then, the existence of a proposed rotation server takes NONE OF THIS away from you over on your proposed competitive server.

Unless your fear is that your way of dictating what it takes to raid here would be over, because the competitive server would be a ghost town and that would mean that the same handful of 50 try-hard sociopaths have been dictating to the rest of us for the last 12 YEARS a game that perhaps 1200+ of us had no interest in playing at your level.

Or even more sinister, yet the only real reason I can think of that a grown-assed adult would fight tooth and nail to maintain a monopoly over pixels here for this long, for every incarnation of a PVE P99 server past and future, is that there is still some RMT network the GMs/devs have not undercovered yet, and this is literally your livelihood at stake -- in which case I can understand why under no circumstances must there never be a rotation server in your eyes.

Makes one think....

My point still stands... an optional rotation server being opened up at next launch does not impact you any more than if we listened to you and went to play on TAKP or some other non-P99 rotation server. Either way, you're still putting way more self-inflicted effort for pixels than we would be in either case.

Anyone else seeing that these arguments make no sense?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-17-2021, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you don't got, hope this helps.

Imagine someone actually reading that page of berging.

Autismspeaks.org
Old 09-17-2021, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

I think the Class-R/FAP rotation showed us that the oversight/upkeep of a rotation requires a similar amount of time as these UN elf lawyer channels do. The server would need some all-encompassing rules laid out for the rotation when it launches, and some devs to create some well thought-out in-game features made like /list for managing the rotation in game (or out of game with something similar to the old raid.php page).

It could absolutely not be left up to the players of the server to manage, and unless those rules and features for the server were incredibly prescient it would just turn into another timesink for the staff to practice their peer mediation, and just a different flavor of rule lawyering.

I certainly wouldn't care if some server like this was created, but it would take far more work than just setting up a new server and saying 'we're going to enforce a rotation here', and I wouldn't be too optimistic for it being some anti-competitive utopia.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
words
Get a grip.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:21 PM
Banned

yendor is a communist confirmed
Old 09-17-2021, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Fuck off you Motherfucker You....
Old 09-17-2021, 11:58 PM
Banned

i love yendor's logic

yes, because making more servers will split the population more than it already is!
Old 09-18-2021, 07:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server would need some all-encompassing rules laid out for the rotation when it launches

The draft system seems to work pretty well. It IS GM enforced and it's something that has been tested and completed several times. This gives us at least a basic framework we could use for the casual server. There may be a need for additional rules but I am confident that those issues will be worked out in time.

Sure the class system wasn't perfect but I feel it was probably the best attempt so far at trying to get the hardcore and casual folks to exist on the same server together.

I'm not naive enough to think that we would implement something like this and get it 100% right on the 1st try. Something like this that hasn't been done on P99 I would fully expect to have some trial and error. That is bound to happen and whatever system gets put in place will grow and evolve over time.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take all the sheep out and you have are wolves. They're gonna eat each other once there are no sheep and the server will die.
I've heard casuals make this argument, that the hardcore folks don't want to actually compete if they can't win easily and tease casuals by waving pixels over their heads.

This is the first time I've actually seen an admission from the opposing side.

This explains what you're afraid of. You might be a "wolf" on this server, but you're not an alpha wolf. You're a beta wolf, and on a competitive server, you'd be a sheep.
Closed Thread