Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 08-22-2021, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The absurd amount of clickies available to players is not classic, people didn't know about a lot of these items back then,
you never played classic huh
Old 08-23-2021, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbrect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this change disproportionately affects one class. to the point that it adds undue time frustration and annoyance on an already incredible hard epic quest. you want to change the the spawn fine but making it a complete cluster is just wrong
No one is completing the mage epic anyways. This will affect almost no mages at all. If you want to be indignant about something go research earth staff drop rates and see if you find the evidence to get those changed. Because that is what affects mage epic here, not the Peggy cloak.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Quillmane script in action!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 08-23-2021, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you never played classic huh
You must not have with comments like that.

Most people didn't know the Quillmane cloak existed before it became known as a needed item for the Mage epic, and definitely almost nobody knew the exact spawn mechanics (which were different, more difficult, than what has been on P99).

Lots of other clickies that people have taken for granted on P99 were similarly rare, as the playerbase either didn't know about them or were too busy trying to level or do other content.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must not have with comments like that.

Most people didn't know the Quillmane cloak existed before it became known as a needed item for the Mage epic, and definitely almost nobody knew the exact spawn mechanics (which were different, more difficult, than what has been on P99).

Lots of other clickies that people have taken for granted on P99 were similarly rare, as the playerbase either didn't know about them or were too busy trying to level or do other content.
Everyone knew the quailman cloak in classic bro.

I was like 12, a complete shitter at the game and vividly remember wanting one so bad for my warrior back in the day. Sorry you were even dumber than I was and didn't get quilmayne loot in classic.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone knew the quailman cloak in classic bro.
No, they didn't. There were even 100+ people in South Karana during pre-Kunark, and Quillmane cloaks still were very rare back then, since people didn't know how to make it spawn and weren't really trying. Most people never saw Quillmane at all, and of the random people who might have spotted the NPC while they were trying to level up, it's not like they all knew it dropped the cloak. It was rare enough to be considered only a rumor for awhile.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

That's not super relevant. You can't code people's ignorance from 20 years ago into the game. I mean you could unclassicly by making it extremely rare spawn but people would still figure out the mechanics, it would just gate the amount of Cloaks that dropped artificially.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-16-2021, 01:02 AM
Orc

So lets not only make what is already a rare drop, from a cycle that can be short or long. If done as a team takes 4 people or more as groups and guilds like to help each other. Lets make that more difficult to track and kill. Who wants to kill a cycle that has so many place holders and so many spawn points that you can't even keep track of it. Classic now on live is not classic. Knowing about this and other items then does not effect that now... 20 years later we do know about these items. Its called learning through testing, and passing that information on. Every step forward seems to be 10 steps back on this server now. Especially when we are how many years in with this current mechanic?
Old 09-16-2021, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic now on live is not classic.
That's the whole reason why people play here and not there.

If you want an unclassicaly easy game ... play on live. If you want the game of classic EQ, in all it's difficult glory (even though sometimes that glory takes 10+ years to arrive) ... play here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the whole reason why people play here and not there.

If you want an unclassicaly easy game ... play on live. If you want the game of classic EQ, in all it's difficult glory (even though sometimes that glory takes 10+ years to arrive) ... play here.
I agree but if you look back in the chat that is one thing that kept being brought up. Someone said that the mechanic on line is most likely closer to classic than what we have here. I don't agree with that.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

I'd just like to add that this thread and the dev responses are encouraging. P99 is overdue for a "refresh" on a lot of things like this that are trivializing the game. I want to play P99 again but it has become too static in a lot of ways. I believe the staff feeling was that nothing should be done that isn't provably classic but we all know this is leaving a lot of stuff in game that we know isn't classic. It just can't be proven how it was in classic so it is left in a broken or trivial state. Please do nerf the shit out of these things and bring some classic mystery and difficulty back to the game.