Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default Xenevorash should flee at low health

Xenevorash (Monk final epic mob) is currently not fleeing at low HP on P99 (unsure about Deep/Vorash, but I believe they should as well but may social root each other). I saw on wiki it says 'Does not run at low health anymore.' Was his flee removed from lack of evidence? I saw he was beefed up a bit in 2015, but did not see any mention about the fleeing on P99 searches.

In Era Evidence:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...9&p=3#comments
Quote:
Jun 22 2001
Saw this guy taken out by 5 groups of 50+ people (with a few exceptions, those being 48-49). First, they killed Deep. Then, they killed Vorash. Then they killed Xenevorash. So, it looks like Deep's a PH for Vorash and Vorash is a PH for Xenevorash. He drops a piece of the Monk Epic. Yes, he is level 60, and yes, he does have QUITE a lot of HP. There were about 6 Wizzies nuking, 3 Monks kicking and 5 Warriors slashing...and yet it STILL took a while for them to take him out. Anyway, he's like any other undead...super-aggro. You get too close and you're toast. One good thing about this guy, though, is he runs at low HP.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...1&p=4#comments
Quote:
Apr 04 2001
Xenevorash always runs on low health, so if fighting on the platform, he will run into the water.
https://web.archive.org/web/20041030.../finalinfo.htm
(although crawled in 2004 on archive.org, details are posted from July-Aug of 2001)
Quote:
Xenevorash always runs on low health, so if fighting on the platform, he will run into the water, another reason to fight on the beach.
The above was probably taken from the guide posted by the Alla comment, but below is first hand account during their hand in fight:
Quote:
I missed the fight with Deep and Vorash, and after getting a res, arrived as Xenevorash was just being started on. Res effects kept me from running immediatly in to battle, so I took some shots instead, until a CH came and healed me. I grabbed some gear and attacked just as he started to run.
Out of Era References:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...9&p=1#comments
Quote:
Jan 11 2013
Man what a pain in the behind this fight was. Molo'd with 60 monk and cleric merc. He was easy but the stun would hit every time I dropped him down 6-7%. At 19% health the real fun began, he ran. My swimming was only at 150 and he swam all over that damn lake just out of reach. He doubled back a few times and finally slowed down when he got to 10%.
Quote:
Jan 02 2007
75 pally solo'd, undead nukes would not cast. Got message, this spell only works on the undead. No slays either /sigh.

edit- he ran at 15%(mebbe 20), and had to chase him down underwater. run5 catches him np.
Quote:
Aug 14 2004
Killed him last night with a 5 boxed group. 65 war (pre-ele with around 50 AAs), 65 pala (ditto), 51 monk, 65 clr (time level- but really unnecessary to be timed), and a 65 dru.
Handed in eye and FDd monk. Paladin then stun pulled Deep. Deep and Vorash were split tanked. Worked on killing Deep then killed Vorash (NOTE: Vorash also runs when below 20%).
Then pulled Xenevorash with paladin again. Had warrior tank him with monk and paladin as DPS (didn't really use monk for DPS on Deep and Vorash since I forgot about her while I was getting the feel of their DPS). He was not all that difficult and ran at 20% as well.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...1&p=3#comments
Quote:
Feb 27 2004
Deep and Vorash are roughly equivalent to Trunt as far as damage goes. Deep's proc stripped Speed of the Shissar from the cleric as well, so be prepared for this. Both ran at 10% health. Deep ran towards the goblin ruins, and Vorash ran towards the Firiona Vie zone line along the lake shore - the paths may not be set, and it probably changes depending on where they hit 10%. Deep didn't seem to summon, but Vorash most definitely does (healing the shaman and pulling agro made this obvious).

Xenevorash spawned where the projection was, and hits considerably harder. He is level 65. At 200+ in all resistances, his stun landed frequently. Having more than one tank may be a good idea in case one gets stunned and loses agro. He runs at 10%, and ran towards the FV zone line like Vorash did. He is snarable, but it took several attempts for the wizard to get it to land. If you can tank an unslowed raven in Plane of Nightmare, this mob should be easy. Don't let the level 65 con scare you.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...1&p=1#comments
Quote:
Jul 08 2010
Oh yeah, I lost Xene in the water for a VERY long time when he ran. He wasn't healing though so it was all good.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Vorash fled when I was helping some people kill him a while back. It was the reason we survived because almost everyone had wiped. We kept him fleeing for the time it took to rez and rebuff and then went on to finish him and Xeno off.

This was a year or so ago. I can dig it up in my logs if you like.

-Mcoy
Old 08-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

I saw a recent fought where xenevorash did not (definitely since last patch), but perhaps there were other circumstances (rooted? Didn't appear to be, should have asked). No need for the logs!

Edit: Did some add'l google searching, looks like a video upload of April 2018 and Xenevorash fought to the death
http://www.batyoutube.com/watch?v=G4A113KOTx8
Last edited by Rygar; 08-20-2018 at 02:54 PM..
Old 08-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO there was a mob in camp that causes another mob not to flee. If Vorash is killed and Deep is to close to the kill Xenvorash will not flee. If an enchanter has a pet and the pet breaks while Xenevorash is around 20% health it will not flee. I even think Xenevorash will not flee if you have a Skeleton mezed near the kill.

Or the tank was low health for too long. If a mob is below 20% and the tank is below 20% the mob will chose not to flee and will try to kill you

I have killed Xenevorash a lot and i say with confidence majority have fled. I believe him not fleeing is do to circumstance and the status of your camp and tank.
Good information, thanks! However, I question if he should be social with any mob except perhaps Deep (which was killed in the above video but still did not flee). He should not be flagged as undead so wouldn't social with undead or any surrounding mobs.

As far as I know, it is not the correct behavior to social root with charmed pets or even mezzed mobs (Nubs Blackgranite was charmed in this video, but doubtful he's social with merchants). So that would lead me to believe Xenevorash's social code needs to be looked at.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Even if u kill deep xene will never flee.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

there seem to be some instances where usually a mob will run, but once the main agro gets out of melee range it will run. usually see this soloing in some dungeons
Drippin#7277
Old 09-03-2021, 02:07 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update

-Xenevorash flees at low health