Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2021, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

XRP
Old 08-04-2021, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm betting on 3. Following that trail is key to protecting your investment against government overreach. As long as the right people keep getting richer, regulation talk will continue to just be talk.
Compared to crypto, gold was easy to confiscate. You can keep a 12 word phrase in your head and a government can never touch your crypto.

Whoever overregulates crypto, like China, will lose out.

They can tax it, they can ban mining it, but they can't ban holding ​it. They can get away with trying to tax it like stocks or other investments. If they try to use taxes to kill it, good luck.

There are decentralized exchanges, like uniswap, where people can buy and sell without a trusted third party. It's a protocol. The government has no one to go to ask for personal data - none is collected.

There are privacy coins like Monero and Firo. Some don't show who sent, who received, or how much was sent.

The Laffer Curve for crypto is heavily bent against the government. That's good because it will keep taxes low.

Quote:
FTC currently reporting on a boom of cryptocurrency scams. Seems legit.
FTC currently reporting stock scams. All stocks aren't legit, especially OGs like Coke an Disney. Stay out of the stock market to be safe.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Compared to crypto, gold was easy to confiscate. You can keep a 12 word phrase in your head and a government can never touch your crypto.

Whoever overregulates crypto, like China, will lose out.

They can tax it, they can ban mining it, but they can't ban holding ​it. They can get away with trying to tax it like stocks or other investments. If they try to use taxes to kill it, good luck.

There are decentralized exchanges, like uniswap, where people can buy and sell without a trusted third party. It's a protocol. The government has no one to go to ask for personal data - none is collected.

There are privacy coins like Monero and Firo. Some don't show who sent, who received, or how much was sent.

The Laffer Curve for crypto is heavily bent against the government. That's good because it will keep taxes low.

FTC currently reporting stock scams. All stocks aren't legit, especially OGs like Coke an Disney. Stay out of the stock market to be safe.
Holy crap man you are like a walking talking version of the dunning-krueger effect
Old 08-04-2021, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't they catch the Russian hackers specifically because they used BC?
Old 08-04-2021, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did they catch them? I thought they just had the password to (1) of the wallets they used and knicked it back.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvin
Holy crap man you are like a walking talking version of the dunning-krueger effect
Thanks mate, I am as famous as Freddie Krueger? Very impressive.

No, I think that Dun & Krueger rumor about me was debunked, but what do I know? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i appreciate the ADulation, HOMeboy! serIously, NicE to hear you explain Money and the holes in my logic so eloquently.

I'm sorry you hold fiat in your bank and it's losing value at an incredible rate.

I'm also sorry you have experienced 3 (we're in third) crypto bull runs, but you still don't get it, let alone the underlying fundamentals. Go read The Cost of Tomorrow. Thank me later.

Quote:
If they used a centralized exchange and went through KYC, sure. Didn't catch that story.

Quote:
Did they catch them? I thought they just had the password to (1) of the wallets they used and knicked it back.
If they used a custodial service with their "wallet" then it's possible. I haven't heard of such an individual wallet being accessible by some central service to be knicked back. Remember kids, "not your keys, not your crypto." If someone knows your private keys, your crypto ain't safe.

IOW, if you do dumb stuff, you will get pwned. haveibeenpwned.com?

Don't be dumb. Be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H2CKTRqOEQ
Last edited by Castle2.0; 08-04-2021 at 03:46 PM..
Old 08-08-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

If you've followed gold, maybe you know about "stock to flow" model. If not, google it.

Gold's mining rate is relatively constant, but Bitcoin's is fixed and halved every 4 years, until the finite 21,000,000 supply limit is reached in a few decades.

Almost 90% of all BTC is already mined and only 900 are produced a day currently.

You do the math. BTC is replacing gold as a hedge against inflation. It's better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (18.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.jpg (24.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-08-2021, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

LOL
Old 08-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Please translate your "REEE" into English, kthx.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

=) Hey guys. How's your investments?