Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

I am touching myself to the excitement of drama in a 70 year old video game.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, the point of this game is to make people quit and break up a group of friends. man have I been playing it all wrong. Gratz on your lifers greatest achievement. though I'm sure someone else did all the work and you are just riding on their coattails. Surprised you don't just play on red, where at 60 you can beat up on level 1's at their spawn point.
While I certainly don't want to raid on a 1 guild server....

Riot was formed to kill aftermath. It was the rallying call throughout it's discord until AM was gone. YoU'rE BeInG SeRvEd HuMBlE PiE HoW DoeS It TaStE AM??

So let's not pretend.

Also while we're on our moral high ground, all Riot had to do was let Detoxx app. Like just apply to the guild. Didn't even have to take him in, just APPLY so he could play with his group of friends who joined Riot. And they would still be happily killing every single dragon for free, uncontested, without bag limits.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I certainly don't want to raid on a 1 guild server....

Riot was formed to kill aftermath. It was the rallying call throughout it's discord until AM was gone. YoU'rE BeInG SeRvEd HuMBlE PiE HoW DoeS It TaStE AM??

So let's not pretend.

Also while we're on our moral high ground, all Riot had to do was let Detoxx app. Like just apply to the guild. Didn't even have to take him in, just APPLY so he could play with his group of friends who joined Riot. And they would still be happily killing every single dragon for free, uncontested, without bag limits.
do all the AG people that were contesting riot week in and week out not resent being constantly told that they might as hell have not even existed?
Old 08-13-2021, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

I dunno about all this, I'm still getting to tank dragons and giants on the regular, we are definitely not done [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-13-2021, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do all the AG people that were contesting riot week in and week out not resent being constantly told that they might as hell have not even existed?
AG was a lot more casual at the time. I actually have asked about this period a bunch because I didn't play much during that span, but the general consensus is, that AG would compete for Vulak, get trained by Riot almost weekly if they competed, they would "offer a rez", and Riot would kill Vulak. That was a big thing that former AG members kept complaining about when the whole Klaz train happened, they felt like that kind of thing happened week in and week out at Vulak, and all they were ever offered was a rez, never a concession.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Legends never die
Old 08-13-2021, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AG was a lot more casual at the time. I actually have asked about this period a bunch because I didn't play much during that span, but the general consensus is, that AG would compete for Vulak, get trained by Riot almost weekly if they competed, they would "offer a rez", and Riot would kill Vulak. That was a big thing that former AG members kept complaining about when the whole Klaz train happened, they felt like that kind of thing happened week in and week out at Vulak, and all they were ever offered was a rez, never a concession.
We mostly sat on our hands saying “well Riot has over 100, so we can’t do anything” and didn’t even try on most mobs it felt like. Or if we did get the engage we would fuck up something simple like rampage. As I know some of the AM people would say we “AG’d it.”
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 08-13-2021, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The revisionist history here is hilarious. I was in AM then AG at the time. Riot didn't train shit. They didn't train mobs, they didn't train others, they didn't train themselves. They pulled mobs in meticulously one by one until all that was left was a naked dragon. They won with numbers when AM playmakers logged off after having geared their characters and got bored/annoyed from not getting the glory from entrance pulls any more, instead, having to herd fucking cats through ntov to win objectives.

Case in point: when ag/f/vanq merged and aggressively recruited and matched Riot numbers, plus brought an ounce of strategy, you see exactly what I'm talking about. Riot is still trying to play catch up with the current train and kite meta with all things (read: numbers) being equal, despite being "dominant" in tov for so long. So while I will agree that Vanq is doing a lot of outplaying on a technical level in tov at present, the biggest problem that can come back to bite them in the ass is not owning up to the bullshit like the Klaz train and trying to hand-wave it away like it was somehow justified rather than the egregiously rule-breaking degenerate behavior that it is.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Riot was formed to kill aftermath.

So let's not pretend.
The aim was true.

Quote:
griffin killed me again!
Old 08-13-2021, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The revisionist history here is hilarious. I was in AM then AG at the time. Riot didn't train shit. They didn't train mobs, they didn't train others, they didn't train themselves. They pulled mobs in meticulously one by one until all that was left was a naked dragon. They won with numbers when AM playmakers logged off after having geared their characters and got bored/annoyed from not getting the glory from entrance pulls any more, instead, having to herd fucking cats through ntov to win objectives.

Case in point: when ag/f/vanq merged and aggressively recruited and matched Riot numbers, plus brought an ounce of strategy, you see exactly what I'm talking about. Riot is still trying to play catch up with the current train and kite meta with all things (read: numbers) being equal, despite being "dominant" in tov for so long. So while I will agree that Vanq is doing a lot of outplaying on a technical level in tov at present, the biggest problem that can come back to bite them in the ass is not owning up to the bullshit like the Klaz train and trying to hand-wave it away like it was somehow justified rather than the egregiously rule-breaking degenerate behavior that it is.
Who dis?

I'm saying what I was told, and was told something along those lines by multiple people.