Exclamation

Yes, we absolutely need a red 2.0.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Red was fun when it had an exp bonus
Old 09-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Large Bat

Lightbulb

Red is daunting to start on because of the raid geared characters. I'd like to see a rolling red server that threw all characters into blue or green and relaunched every 2-3 months tbh. I think starting the server in any era or with only classic or with time-gated expansions at 2-4 weeks would be fine.

But the gear is sort of a deal breaker for me. Stats on items simply mudflate too fast because expansion gear has to improve on previous raid gear. A short window would prevent anyone from becoming totally geared, and if they managed it they would only have a temporary advantage.

Remember when you could join the game as a monster in a random zone 1-10 zone for a couple weeks in live EQ? Don't you wish you could be a spider in Velks wiping group after group? -- consider it!
Old 09-01-2021, 06:01 PM
Kobold

if the current people on red all want red 2.0, just wipe the server.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 09-01-2021, 06:45 PM
Banned

Really no need for new red

just need to find a way for people to come play the perfectly fine red server we already

have

just stop being dumbasses on the forum and scaring people on how bad red is

hope this helps
Old 09-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if the current people on red all want red 2.0, just wipe the server.
Teal isn't being used for anything, keep red as the museum piece and make the new red server thrive today.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red was fun when it had an exp bonus
did they actually remove it

I thought people were lying about bonus exp to attract people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-02-2021, 03:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did they actually remove it

I thought people were lying about bonus exp to attract people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They put it back a good while in after population numbers had crashed.

There were a lot of actions from staff that could have been done better, or simply shouldn't have happened.

When you have 2 competing guilds on the server, and one of them has a name that is perceived as racist, why not change that guilds name instead of disbanding the guild?

When population is at an all time low, is it the time to apply an unseen form of censorship to global ooc, instead of addressing severe infractions?

Sirken doing back to back GM events and awarding the same player in each event was solid also.

In a way its amazing that some players did stick around as long as they did.

On the other hand, some players, an extreme minority, fucked up the server as much as they could and kept getting away with it. One of these nerds would pull quest mobs under the world, and you'd need to get lucky for a GM to reset the mob within a few days. Boxing was also rampant with these players.

Sad stuff.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

There shouldn’t have been a Red 1.0.

Just sayin
Old 09-02-2021, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

I don't care too much. People on red could just roll a new account and force themselves to not use any gear from another account. They might have already tried that though, or its hard to mentally do. I think it would be cool to have a new red server, I might still have more current time on this red server though. It might attract more people. Plus, if there is a new server, its another server I can be a hermit and crawl in a corner and build a spider web. (Non-pk.)
Closed Thread