Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turning on autoattack is hard enough. It's ridiculous that they make you walk up to the mob to do it.
*coth
Old 09-08-2021, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Good point. So what's the problem?
Old 09-08-2021, 09:29 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you a failed comedian irl as well?
Are you in <Force of Will>? Looks like you didn't like my description of some of these guilds. Keep in mind, a lot of this information was taken from members who previously left a guild on their own accord. What do you not agree with? Care to elaborate? Have a counterargument?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2021, 09:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who do I join to get the largest reward for the least amount of work?
That would be you to decide, Baler. Good luck to you. Heard you were in DMO though. But they were disbanded by GMs for racism and trolling. Let's hope you aren't the same.

Cheers
Old 09-08-2021, 09:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate this post for highlighting several of the positive aspects of <Castle>. Thanks, OP.

However, I urge all readers to take this post with a grain of salt. Here are my quibbles:

•*It is cruel to call someone's guild "dying" or claim that "members like to leave and join <Other Guild>." Some people like to run a guild. It's my hobby too. And it's hard enough to run a guild without someone anonymously claiming your guild is "dying." The courteous thing is to let other people run a guild without attempting to influence people's perceptions of them.

• To call <Force of Will> a casual guild does them a disservice, but to call them "the most 'toxic' guild on the server" is absolutely laughable. They have exceptionally compassionate leadership and have scolded or kicked out members for unacceptable behavior.

• Regarding <Castle> - We're not exactly "casual." "Casual-friendly" is what I've been calling it. And never say never.
Sorry, my wording can be a little off. I apologize for that. I have very good encounters with <Castle> and I never heard anyone complain about them or anything. But on the <Force of Will> comment, I will have to disagree. They are considered toxic by many members of who play on the server. I interviewed a few ex-members and they all stated that they do not want to be in a guild who petition quest and contest targets that they are incapable of doing. Many ex-members often complained after leaving that they will get "tells" from FOW leadership and members that are either toxic or petty. One member in general, stated that he was called a traitor. Again, not my experience but from the words of ex-members of FOW/Venerate/Black Lotus. Also keep in mind, they have the most petitions on the server so far. You might think <Kingdom> would as they have the most interaction with <Seal Team> on raids. But no, FOW likes to play lawyer quest and it's no fun for the server and the volunteer staff. There are some good people in FOW for sure but their leadership can be some of the biggest loot vultures I have ever seen on P99.

Cheers
Old 09-08-2021, 09:41 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looks good, however. I'd like to add that now that velious has settled in. Seal team is no longer "zergy" we raid with avg of 50-60 people.

I liked your description of the Seal Team loot list/hybrid RA thing. in my time on p99 I have never came across a loot system such as seal teams, It is absolutely confusing. And probably why there is alot of hesitation towards joining. However, once you understand it. It is easily the most fair loot system I have taken part of on p99 in my 12 years here.

It's one of the primary propaganda pieces used by other guilds to try to tell people not to join seal team.

Also, i imagine FOW is put into the casual guild selection because they don't sock any targets regularly.
Thanks, I tried to keep things accurate so thanks for correcting me. Personally, I like that loot system since it allows members who put in the time to have priority over loot rather than someone who justs farms DKP for a certain item. It has some flaws but overall, it looks like a good system. Definitely doesn't cater to casual or softcore raiders though. As for FOW, I put them as a casual raiding entity because of their lack of ability to efficiently kill targets. Before they merged, Black Lotus and Venerate once got zero mobs on a quake combined. Again, I am saying this from experience. I have been in <Venerate> for about half a year before I decided to quit the raid scene.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:42 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not a troll I am a ogre
Don't worry Shinko. We all love you <3 Safe space is a pretty good guild so far from my

experience and many others.

Cheers
Old 09-09-2021, 01:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fable_kid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cons: Zerg guild (lots of members), lots of raid requirements and RA needed to get loot (talking 70% +), have been the only guild on the server to be raid suspended (on both servers), not for casual players looking to get easy loot (have to prove your worth and not just be a zergling), they also have a lot of haters, a lot of their members have been banned for "stealing" holgresh elder beads
Some corrections. Seal team is significantly smaller than most people realize and historically speaking and have not been the largest raiding body. However guild members are extremely active and often have more than 1 max level toon which can give the impression that we're bigger than we actually are.

We do have a raider kit requirement which most recruits offered help and time to obtain. We have 15% RA requirement, not 70%. We support casual non-raid members which has no minimum RA requirement.

The loot system is a loot list overlay above a DKP system. Raiders get a loot list, everyone, social members included, get an equal allocation of DKP.

Your first Trak tooth is DKP free, to complete your VP key. Your first sleeper key is DKP free. Subsequent keys cost DKP. Apply today.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:53 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some corrections. Seal team is significantly smaller than most people realize and historically speaking and have not been the largest raiding body. However guild members are extremely active and often have more than 1 max level toon which can give the impression that we're bigger than we actually are.

We do have a raider kit requirement which most recruits offered help and time to obtain. We have 15% RA requirement, not 70%. We support casual non-raid members which has no minimum RA requirement.

The loot system is a loot list overlay above a DKP system. Raiders get a loot list, everyone, social members included, get an equal allocation of DKP.

Your first Trak tooth is DKP free, to complete your VP key. Your first sleeper key is DKP free. Subsequent keys cost DKP. Apply today.
Thanks for the clarification. And sorry for the misconception. By 70% RA, I meant members will need a significant amount of RA to obtain items on their loot list. But I am not in <Seal Team>. I had a friend in <Seal Team> very roughly explained it to me. But, <Seal Team> sounds nice and pretty friendly to casuals who want a taste of endgame raiding.

Cheers
Old 09-09-2021, 04:12 AM
Aviak

How did the UN ruin the chances for a #2 guild?

A couple things happened. First the UN. Once this was formed, this entity shunned any aspiring guild that didn't want to play by their rules. This started with planar mobs.

So when a new guild forms up, you have to ask to be put on the rotation. This in turn doesn't make any 2nd guild stand out from the rest. Because well, all guilds under the #1 guild are basically conveyor belting loot while using social pressures to deny anyone from joining a guild (not named seal team) that doesn't fit their narrative.

The second thing that happened was allowing this system to perpetuate indefinitely by giving "free weeks" and continued "welfare pixels" by the staff.

This in turn entrenched guilds to continue their positions. If this was not done, pressure would have mounted on guild leaders within the individual guilds in the UN to try to step things up. Without calling out any names, the leaders of the top UN guilds just didn't want to race. It's much easier to blame everything on how good Seal Team is instead of how bad you are. The bottom line is, there just wasn't enough social pressure obtained to replace the guild leaders running the conveyor belts to ensure a competitive environment.

If Seal Team would have been allowed to run a train on all targets and mobs like they should have (even though they initially created the UN,which was brilliant for them btw), this would have never happened. Eventually, overtime, the UN would have lost all its power and the entire thing would have fell apart and a #2 guild would have rose from the ashes.

That's green server in a nutshell. Hopefully the same mistakes aren't made on the next server. Hope yall enjoy watching ST clear Sleepers.
Closed Thread