Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

The problem IS NOT that people who play the game casually can't raid, the problem people have here is that the people who play the game casually CAN'T KILL END GAME TARGETS WITH THEIR SMALL 30 PERSON CASUAL GUILD which, i'm sorry to inform you guys, is extremely fucking classic. MY small family guild I was in from 1999 to 2004 when I stopped playing EQ was hard wiping to Vindi in Luclin era. Want to raid? Join a raid guild.
Oh also would like to add in, during that 5 years that I played the game I never had a max level character.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Remove unclassic variance.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:28 PM
Skeleton

The only thing you need a massive zerg for on P99 is to have enough bodies to cover the insane, completely un-classic windows for mobs spawning.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcrystals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing you need a massive zerg for on P99 is to have enough bodies to cover the insane, completely un-classic windows for mobs spawning.
think you should head to TLP or TAKP, buddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP enabled in raid zones
Old 09-13-2021, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything unclassic should have a VERY high bar for sticking around here.

I don't know what the staff's concerns/priorities are, but I find it hard to believe that varians is really serving those priorities so highly it's worth ignoring the upper-left corner of the screen.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

*variance

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:21 AM
Orc

alot of people here are like classic this classic that, we are all in our 30s or older. With real lives. We want to experience everquest, not spend 16 hours a day playing everquest to get to the good parts.

In this day and age there is no reason why we shouldnt have quality of life stuff like the TLP has. I want to play classic everquest. Not divorce my wife and leave my kids.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:28 AM
Banned

TBH if I did have all the time in the world, I would not waste it playing EQ for 16 hours

a day

though from a casual perspective, it sounds like such a nice life

being able to play EQ and get BIS gear.....get warder loot

but tbh I can't even sit in front of my laptop for 5 hours without needing to go out for

a walk
Old 09-14-2021, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All variance does it make it so the no lifers are the only ones raiding. Tracking on P99 is literally a full-time job and there are just enough sickos willing to do it so that everyone has to do it or you just aren't part of the raid scene at all.

It would be far more classic in spirit if guilds could summon raid mobs - AKA undead bard and Trakanon - so that they could have scheduled guild activities.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread