Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a thought experiment, I find it interesting that the way items are generated in classic Everquest play well in a future where NFTs are commonplace. Imagine game items like Manastones, Fungi Staves, etc trackable on a blockchain.
(not trolling) Can someone explain how or why this will be interesting please? I don't mess around with anything crypto.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

It won't be interesting at all, unless you find lootboxes and other microtransactions we already have super exciting and engaging.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It won't be interesting at all, unless you find lootboxes and other microtransactions we already have super exciting and engaging.
Oh, no i don't. The opposite of interest in fact, repulsion.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:18 PM
Banned

I read and enjoyed every post in this thread thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been the best so far though.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

I think the next real big MMO feature will be a crypto currency

or it will be star citizen
Old 09-14-2021, 04:34 PM
Banned

I'm still waiting for the ability for players to level design. And host content or charge for access to their sthe ervers/worlds/storylines/expansions.

Not talking about second life and it's community of ERPers.

Like wow, eq1 scale design. When you visit their "realm" they control your stats, and equipment, game rules and spells. The "physics of the world".
Old 09-14-2021, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Crypto, Star Citizen, Pantheon.....all hollow scams. Genre is still dead.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still waiting for the ability for players to level design. And host content or charge for access to their sthe ervers/worlds/storylines/expansions.

Like wow, eq1 scale design. When you visit their "realm" they control your stats, and equipment, game rules and spells. The "physics of the world".
Old 09-14-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

well my good chum, you can thank consolization for that i think. We had a version of that with FPS games on PC before, with your own servers and content. Where do you see that today? its matchmaking and lock-down to buy skins. Why would you get your own worlds unless the main company is getting its slice now?

You can thank all the Horse Armor apologists for that one. "Its only cosmetics!"
Old 09-14-2021, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well my good chum, you can thank consolization for that i think. We had a version of that with FPS games on PC before, with your own servers and content. Where do you see that today? its matchmaking and lock-down to buy skins. Why would you get your own worlds unless the main company is getting its slice now?

You can thank all the Horse Armor apologists for that one. "Its only cosmetics!"
I'm sorry. And I agree.

Both unreal 2 and quake3 were because of the thousands of levels and skins and all of the mods. Servers could allow autodownloading Levels as well.

So many good levels and even the popular ones had rethemes between different servers.

Railbait did an amazing Egyptian themed level of 2forts? Can't even find anything on Google. It's like staring into a black hole.
Closed Thread