Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are absolute Nazi.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2021, 02:07 PM
Banned

I'm no more a doctor than Doctor Phil or Doctor Fauci or Doctor David Banner.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesocyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no more a doctor than Doctor Phil or Doctor Fauci or Doctor David Banner.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:32 PM
Banned

When the pic mentions someone with bi-polar was prescribed an antipsychotic, which puts them on the road to chronic disability, neither of these things should be true

For one, it is ENTIRELY possible to have bi-polar with psychotic features and need an antipsychotic. For example, last week I assessed a lady with that diagnosis who was having a manic episode and hasn’t sleep a wink in 4 days. She had rapid speech, verbose, flight of ideas, hypersexualized communication, and almost entirely completely incoherent communication. She wasn’t oriented to date (didn’t know the current month or year), location (didn’t know where she was), or situation. Some of the answers she would give to questions like “would you like to see a doctor today to talk about how you haven’t been sleeping?” (This is a good angle of approach because the goal is just to get them in front of a psychiatrist who will immediately recognize the psychosis). Her answers to questions like these included:

“I have HIV legs”
“I am not a football player”
“I am not going to show him my vagina”
“I have a human female vagina”
“I am in a hospital”
“I have sex with lesbians”

These were just the answers that weren’t complete word salad. It is entirely possible to have psychosis if the person has a bi-polar diagnosis with psychotic features, and especially if they are off their meds and not sleeping. Sleep deprivation isn’t an entire explanation for their symptoms but it certainly contributes

Ultimately this woman was too psychotic to be able to understand and accept voluntary treatment and had to be forced treatment by her parents (she is an adult) because she had become a threat to them in the home (had grabbed a knife that day and made a stabbing motion towards her parents in the home). She also at that point didn’t know the names of her parents and believed her parents had been replaced by imposters

Does her being prescribed an antipsychotic lead to long term disability? Not that I’m aware of. Maybe they are trying to mean tardive dyskinesia with Halodol, but no one prescribes Halodol anymore. What is this “long term disability” they are referring to??
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-15-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 02:41 PM
Banned

Did it ever occur to you bastards that anxiety and "sadness" aka dysphoria the evul "depression" we must avoid at all costs no matter what are natural and normal reactions to trauma, injury, and illness. Oppression. Malnutrition. Constant violence and sirens and fighting. And that if you try to make or force someone with a normal brain be "happy" and accept or ignore their illness and trauma or circumstances with "energy pills" you wind up with a "crazy person".
Old 09-15-2021, 02:43 PM
Banned

Watched the first video. The guy is immediately wrong. Psychiatrists are not looking for damage to brain tissue, otherwise known as organic damage. That is wrong. For one, a NEUROLOGIST looks for that, and they do so with a CAT scan

Psychiatrists use things such as how a person presents (their affect, their behaviors when speaking, etc), along with their answers to verbal questions during an evaluation as indicators of CHEMICAL IMBALANCE. This cannot be detected with a scan and has nothing to do with damage to brain tissue. In fact, if brain tissue IS damaged, such as with a TBI, psych medications can often have little benefit, because these are meant to correct chemical levels in the brain. Not to say they never are a benefit, but for someone with a TBI, they may have very limited benefit
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-15-2021 at 02:47 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 02:44 PM
Banned

Evil people getting away with it for decades in plain light and sight makes me insane.
I mean they don't even try to hide anymore. The justice system is not meant for the Illuminatis. What a fucking joke it all really is. A complete Ponzi scheme sham.

They condemned themselves. No one forced them to turn against goodness. And no, God didn't will it.
Goodness gave them life and nurtured them until adulthood and they chose to turn against it.

What profiteth a (hu)man if (s)he gains the whole world and loses his(her) own soul.
Last edited by Mesocyclone; 09-15-2021 at 02:49 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the pic mentions someone with bi-polar was prescribed an antipsychotic, which puts them on the road to chronic disability, neither of these things should be true

For one, it is ENTIRELY possible to have bi-polar with psychotic features and need an antipsychotic. For example, last week I assessed a lady with that diagnosis who was having a manic episode and hasn’t sleep a wink in 4 days. She had rapid speech, verbose, flight of ideas, hypersexualized communication, and almost entirely completely incoherent communication. She wasn’t oriented to date (didn’t know the current month or year), location (didn’t know where she was), or situation. Some of the answers she would give to questions like “would you like to see a doctor today to talk about how you haven’t been sleeping?” (This is a good angle of approach because the goal is just to get them in front of a psychiatrist who will immediately recognize the psychosis). Her answers to questions like these included:

“I have HIV legs”
“I am not a football player”
“I am not going to show him my vagina”
“I have a human female vagina”
“I am in a hospital”
“I have sex with lesbians”

These were just the answers that weren’t complete word salad. It is entirely possible to have psychosis if the person has a bi-polar diagnosis with psychotic features, and especially if they are off their meds and not sleeping. Sleep deprivation isn’t an entire explanation for their symptoms but it certainly contributes

Ultimately this woman was too psychotic to be able to understand and accept voluntary treatment and had to be forced treatment by her parents (she is an adult) because she had become a threat to them in the home (had grabbed a knife that day and made a stabbing motion towards her parents in the home). She also at that point didn’t know the names of her parents and believed her parents had been replaced by imposters

Does her being prescribed an antipsychotic lead to long term disability? Not that I’m aware of. Maybe they are trying to mean tardive dyskinesia with Halodol, but no one prescribes Halodol anymore. What is this “long term disability” they are referring to??
There's probably a million reasons she was having a psychotic break. Pretty hard to judge from here. Maybe she was abused and given antidepressants and no one addressed that abuse so she kept upping the dose just to make it to school or work or whatever. And there's some actual root reason for her paranoia even if her parents aren't actually imposters.

The thing is you can't just proscribe meds and expect ppl to be OK. Even if the people have brain injuries or are really out of touch with reality. Giving them energy pills + zombie pills which dampen empathy because bipolar looks great on paper is a great way to wind up with a homicide or suicide. Or both.

I blame the ignorance of people for the bad news stories.

Even sick people 7 out of 10 times aren't really looking forward to suicide murders. Yet here we are, we treat them like animals without going "why"
Old 09-15-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

I blame the ignorance of people for the bad future for the grandkids. Your main mistake was having kids. Really it was your only mistake.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Watched the first video. The guy is immediately wrong. Psychiatrists are not looking for damage to brain tissue, otherwise known as organic damage. That is wrong. For one, a NEUROLOGIST looks for that, and they do so with a CAT scan

Psychiatrists use things such as how a person presents (their affect, their behaviors when speaking, etc), along with their answers to verbal questions during an evaluation as indicators of CHEMICAL IMBALANCE. This cannot be detected with a scan and has nothing to do with damage to brain tissue. In fact, if brain tissue IS damaged, such as with a TBI, psych medications can often have little benefit, because these are meant to correct chemical levels in the brain. Not to say they never are a benefit, but for someone with a TBI, they may have very limited benefit
There's no such thing as chemical imbalance. People have shitty lives. Shitty diets. Get soaked in cortisol and treated like shit. Get prescribed meds that stress their body more and their lives, diets, habits remain shitty. They lose their ability to cope or people don't believe them when they're really being abused, and they fucking snap.

No one corrects their diet. Or teaches them meditation. Or helps them get out of the abusive situation.
Closed Thread