Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

Default Sergeant slate assist radius too low

See:

http://web.archive.org/web/200105191...show&BID=64111

Quote:
"It seems when you pull him by being in KOS range, Slate tends to join the fight more often than not, no matter how long its been since slate left.(guards have a more advanced telepath than an average NPC)."
This observation is pretty close to how it actually worked and I camped these guards on 3 characters for xp on live.

If you are aggro to a guard, sergeant slate has an enormous aggro radius. A distance from where Tolus spawns to about halfway to the opposite wall (where Nektulos forest is) is about accurate.

This post also depicts that behavior:

Quote:
He killed me at the ent to the tunnel in E Commons so he does get around. I did not even try to run.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned

Sergeant Slate was the bane of evil races in the common lands. Anyone who played a dark race in that era surely has a Sergeant Slate story, typically he "almost came outta nowhere".

He should also be very highly magic resistant. I recall spamming several roots even as a 50 wizard before one landed and not for a very substantial duration either.

The very high magic/spell resists should go for the North Ro guards as well.

A druid in his 40s or so obviously struggling to bring down the big man:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-22-2012 at 10:58 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

What's with these threads with misinformation? Slate was a typical mob. He was just level 41.

That druid is level 42 based on the firestrike damage. Who knew how much mana he had to start, etc.

And just to test my memory... from alla:

not that hard
#Oct 07 2000 at 3:45 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
killed him with my 48 mage - didnt resist a single spell every one of them was for max damage, lotsa hps but not that impressive
Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Banned

This is not misinformation
Old 08-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main issue is that aggro ranges on many things were far bigger than they are here.
Why is sergeant slate having an aggro radius that is too small a problem here again?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

the fuck are you talking about? i just said he wasn't more mr than a standard mob in this thread.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Banned

Ah but he did, as well as the North Ro guards.

As far as his resist... what do you think the druid's problem in the picture was? Casted too many fire nukes? Didn't engage with full mana?

The good sarge is at half health and I can't imagine this druid not engaging him at full hp, esp for the sake of a screenie. Must not have been the first time he tried to engage I'd think at least.

Pretty sure you can find other similar experiences on live and some of the dev staff may recall this as well.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-23-2012 at 01:46 AM..
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Well Nirgon, you see, the higher a mob's level is relative to yours, the more often it resists your spells. A mob that's a level lower than you is basically an even con, it should resist a decent amount of the time. In your screenshot you show him resisting one spell. That isn't evidence of what you're asserting. You aren't some classic everquest sage.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

You seem to not understand what constitutes evidence. Additionally, you're remembering a whole fuck load of things wrong. You noticing a pattern about how everyone else in these threads agrees except you?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Banned

Young man, I have produced a screen shot and 2 posts. I put my thus far impeccable record of posting accurate bugs on the line and point to my signature (click my name) for proof of playing during this time period. The other characters I leveled or assisted in leveling were Trashuur and Ralmun who were both very twinked Shadowknights who leveled off these guards.

Further, this is an obvious one for a classic player who has sound memory of dealing with Slate.

You've voiced that you disagree with many of the points that I and other classic players I've spoken with prior to discussing would support.

This is up to Nilbog and Kanras to decide, go make a sandwich and cool out.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-23-2012 at 02:20 AM..