Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Default List System Proposed Changes

I know camping spawns for 24+ hours straight is classic, but is it really necessary to be there and have an AFK check when it's not even your turn?

Could we make AFK check only be done for the person in position 1 or up to position 3+? Could we also make the list system allow you to queue up and leave the zone if you are not in position 1 (or up to position 3+) and then notify you when you are within positions 1-3+ in which you will have a time limit to get to the camp before being removed?

At this point some people are either sharing accounts or literally not sleeping just so the AFK check doesn't drop them from the list; one is a violation of the rules, the other is an unhealthy side effect of the current system.

Despite the benefits, these changes would likely increase the size of the list, making the wait time longer, but this would also get people back out into the world until it is their turn or let them actually get sleep. Enforcing AFK checks for only the top few would make the longer wait time more bearable.

Regarding people getting on the list that are not able/willing to participating in the camp: If we were to enforce the AFK and zone checks for people in positions 1-3+ then this would help. Although, this might not even be a concern as more people might just wait at the spawn anyway and help clear just to speed things up and ensure the queue is actually advancing.

Are there any other problems with these changes that I might be missing?
Old 12-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

The first suggestion is actually kind of brilliant. I think the further you go from that point though, the messier the situation would become. If you allowed anyone to que up and leave the zone, then that list would contain every player above the level requirement.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

only solution to list right now that would be simple to implement is that the winner is chosen randomly among all people on the list.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only solution to list right now that would be simple to implement is that the winner is chosen randomly among all people on the list.
This is too exploitable. Make it the top 6 people in line randomly and it works.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Kobold

i dont know how many times it has to be said but lets give this another try abit louder, THE LIST SYSTEM IS NOT GETTING CHANGED, deal with it, they made the system for less work not more coding work
Old 12-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is too exploitable. .
How?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Sharing accounts isn't against the rules iirc. The staff have simply said that it's an at your own risk activity.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont know how many times it has to be said but lets give this another try abit louder, THE LIST SYSTEM IS NOT GETTING CHANGED, deal with it, they made the system for less work not more coding work
Says who?

I can't imagine that my first suggestion of limiting AFK checks to top # on list is that difficult to code.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How?
Because of the reason why they created the system in the first place, a scheduled mass join could be formed for a guild to have their own list, or DKP, or whatever system they want, to trump the odds by massing 30 people on the list in a single moment, cranking up the drop to them at the scheduled time to some upper 90s percentile. You can nearly gaurentee stealing a list item with ease at any time you choose and its even worse because you don't need to join a group at all to do so.

Your idea works perfectly if you make it randomly drop to, at most, the size of a typical group. Anything more, and its way, way easy to rig it.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because of the reason why they created the system in the first place, a scheduled mass join could be formed for a guild to have their own list, or DKP, or whatever system they want, to trump the odds by massing 30 people on the list in a single moment, cranking up the drop to them at the scheduled time to some upper 90s percentile. You can nearly gaurentee stealing a list item with ease at any time you choose and its even worse because you don't need to join a group at all to do so.

Your idea works perfectly if you make it randomly drop to, at most, the size of a typical group. Anything more, and its way, way easy to rig it.
There's no need for random drops. Just join the list and go level until it's your turn. There's already a week lockout on lists after getting your drop and some have reported even longer lockouts recently but that might be a bug.
Closed Thread