Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Default Going Postal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the bard mail delivery quests gave a lot of exp as well.
A while back I ran some tests to see how the exp would fair doing the mail quests compared to grinding mobs...

I found it took around 6 hours to make it to level 9 running the mail quests. There are downsides too, it will take you about 2 hours to get your skills up to where they were on the character that leveled on creatures. So its definitely slower than mob grinding, but if there are no mobs, hey why not work part time delivering mail?

When grinding creatures like a normal person, I would say the average class grinds to level 9, has full leather, a good weapon and a shield by level 9 on an uncontested server, in about 4 hours.

Coin rewards range from 3 gold to 30 was my highest but average around 8 or 9 Id guess per turn in. At the end of the journey I was able to buy full spells, a weapon, a shield and 80% full set of leather. And then I was broke.

The rewards for the mail quest are slower by maybe 30% the gold is less than by 50% and the skills are less than by 100% so its definitely less than ideal. But it is a good way to get out of the newbie yards day 1 if its a madhouse.

Nektoolos - Freeport
6:40 minuet run (+/- with deaths and starting bind loc you can shave off 1:45 min level 1-4 killing yourself after turnins and spawning in the freeport newbie area, or 2:45 seconds by gating from the bard there. But you have mana to gate usually every other turn in depending on the area.

Felwith - Kelethin
7 minuet run for woodelfs (you can reduce this with gate at level 4)
4 minuet run for high elfs (up to level 5 then you take exp loss) at which point you can gate or its 7 minuets

Surfall - Qyenos (seems like no classes spawn point is there? huh, didn't know that.. never played a halfelf)
I thought this one would be the fastest but its 7 mins consistent for all race/classes. Not great not terrible. (bloodsabers can do this, but there is 1 KOS level 35 NPC that stands at the mouth of the tunnel to surefall on the inside, you can jump past and not agro him but may end up dead a few times. (the safer run for evils is the next one, though you are KOS there too so be careful!)

West Karana Barbarian Village - Qyenos
12 minuets (7 with gate)

The only postal ones I didn't look at were the ogre/troll area ones, but this covers the light races, any others for you I think would be longer than these. I dont think ogre/troll could do any of these, and I think dark elves may have trouble too, so this is technically a light race going postal guide as of this moment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coin rewards range from 3 gold to 30 was my highest but average around 8 or 9 Id guess per turn in. At the end of the journey I was able to buy full spells, a weapon, a shield and 80% full set of leather. And then I was broke.

The rewards for the mail quest are slower by maybe 30% the gold is less than by 50% and the skills are less than by 100% so its definitely less than ideal. But it is a good way to get out of the newbie yards day 1 if its a madhouse.
What do you mean the coin rewards were 3 to 30 but avg 8 or 9 per turn in? What were you turning in?

I confused becuase then you say the rewards from mail quest were slower.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Banned

Red face

anY sWamP mAil rouTes??!
Old 09-21-2019, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...11#post2964911
Old 09-21-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean the coin rewards were 3 to 30 but avg 8 or 9 per turn in? What were you turning in?

I confused becuase then you say the rewards from mail quest were slower.
like you would get 6, 4, 3, 11, 6 8 27 2 per turn in of each letter.

like I got some that would make me think "oh my god im gonna be rich!" and then most were like "dangit!"
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-21-2019 at 11:02 AM..
Old 09-21-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

haha kaboom! We'll we'll have to get the timeline filter on this guide then eh loramin?

now dont forget to find the evidence that there were no random spawn rabbids pre-plague
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-21-2019 at 11:12 AM..
Old 09-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Well if they are in then it'll be an easy way to get coin. I got 9 and 10 gold respectively from running Surefall and West Karana to Qeynos. Easy run since you can pick up the West Karana one on the way. Easy for low level and all you have to watch out for is Bears.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2019, 11:32 AM
Orc

Do we know if these will be in or not?
Old 09-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Looks like no. At least for 2 months or so after launch. Rogean hasn't stated anything yet on the bug forum though.
Closed Thread