Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:03 AM
Fire Giant

Default Seahorse patriarch room in kedge.

Hi,

My brother and I tried to solo patriarch room.
46 bard 57 warrior
He lulled one pH and we pulled the other.
If this didn't work we just messed one and killed the other first.

The clerics cheal which is annoying but yeah.

The second time we tried a cleric I got greedy and tried to use my shitty proc whip and sword.

Eventually it wore us down and kept chealing itself untill I looked like we'd lose.

I panicked and asked him to mezz it and med up.

But mezz didn't seem to work and kept breaking.

It turns out infestations proc lands and lasts when you don't want it to. I panicked more and asked him to camp and at least save himself.

But the fucking green fish we forgot about bite you.

We ended up dying.

In hindsight there's several things we could have done, kept up the better dps and not dick around with cat whip and buff sword.

Not poison it so we can exploit the mezz trick.
Flee earlier. Have him flee and me ot hammer. Anything.

My alt died on first cr attempt so now we have 3 corpses at ZL.

What tips can you give for me our revenge. Other than git gud.

Should I toggle in a shield for bashing to better disrupt cheals.
Is there a certain hp they do it.?
Can the bard maybe use mezz or something to disrupt too?
Sarnak hammer in primary for stuns?
Some kinda dex increasing song to proc more?
Bard could meelees?l if normal hits have disrupt chance better than instrument boosted song ticks?
It shouldn't take much it was a narrow loss bit I'm starting to worry our first swirlspine kill was a fluke.

I've got to 57 and not really knowing about using warrior discs properly. Used to just whack on mighty strike unless raid leader said otherwise bit I've been told there's better, would any of them be specifically useful?

I can level the bard 4 or 5 more levels and come back but I want that cape on my main so I can leave this zone.

If we do mezz lock it will it's mana come back as fast as our hp?

We think we might kill the fish in the tunnel so we can sit too.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:06 AM
Banned

Add a healer.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the fun in Kedge is the learning ... like learning that if you die where you died you can reach your corpse and loot your EB item on a single breath (with SoW) from the zone line ... if you know the way extremely well. But if you don't, or make a mistake during the run, you'll die a second time ... as I learned myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But other than that, I'm not sure how much help I can give, as I've always done that room as a Shaman or Druid. My only thoughts are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely do this ... or go down to the Ferocious Shark placeholder room and kill the PH first. That will give you a safe room (for 22 minutes after), and you might be able to pull one mob at a time down to it to avoid them CHing each other and such.

Also if you are incredibly lucky (like 1 in 100) that shark might respawn as a Ferocious with a 10 weight Tinker's Bag (ie. Driftwood Treasure Chest).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the fun in Kedge is the learning ... like learning that if you die where you died you can reach your corpse and loot your EB item on a single breath (with SoW) from the zone line ... if you know the way extremely well. But if you don't, or make a mistake during the run, you'll die a second time ... as I learned myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But other than that, I'm not sure how much help I can give, as I've always done that room as a Shaman or Druid. My only thoughts are:

Definitely do this ... or go down to the Ferocious Shark placeholder room and kill the PH first. That will give you a safe room (for 22 minutes after), and you might be able to pull one mob at a time down to it to avoid them CHing each other and such.

Also if you are incredibly lucky (like 1 in 100) that shark might respawn as a Ferocious with a 10 stone Tinker's Bag (Driftwood Treasure Chest).
I was worried if we popped the shark we couldn't kill it, it looks like it hits hard on the wiki...

Never thought about getting two are the same time and them healing each other...

We were pulling to the little tunnel before the seahorse room, whats the benefit to shark room other than the lack of other fish?
Old 06-09-2020, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

There's no lil green fish in the ferocious shark room, just 1 PH and chance at a nice bag. just gotta be aware of the time of death.

From what you wrote it looks like lv 46 bard mez does land and you killed it 2-3 x over before dying so...

No don't use a shield, warrior KICK can interrupt spells starting at 55 just time it wisely(can get 2-3 kicks in before CH lands). Have the bard Mez immediately after it starts to cast or spam Mez starting at 40% Hp until death. Relying on a proc stun is gimmicky and won't always work. I would use highest DPS wep at the get go (Even if it has DoT) Bard mez only needs to land initially to interrupt a spell.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Bard mez to interrupt casting. Bard charm a fish for DPS. Warrior use DPS weapons.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

you guys will always to encounter more troubles as a bard/warrior duo, Kedge, traks teeth, anywhere.

Consider rolling classes that are a powerful duo, shaman/monk, ench/cleric or druid, ench/pal, necro/druid etc...

you will be able to move through alot more content with an Ench/ other good class duo...

basically heals, and an effective method of dps/crowd control make any good duo
Old 06-09-2020, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no lil green fish in the ferocious shark room, just 1 PH and chance at a nice bag. just gotta be aware of the time of death.

From what you wrote it looks like lv 46 bard mez does land and you killed it 2-3 x over before dying so...

No don't use a shield, warrior KICK can interrupt spells starting at 55 just time it wisely(can get 2-3 kicks in before CH lands). Have the bard Mez immediately after it starts to cast or spam Mez starting at 40% Hp until death. Relying on a proc stun is gimmicky and won't always work. I would use highest DPS wep at the get go (Even if it has DoT) Bard mez only needs to land initially to interrupt a spell.
Thanks this is helpfull, we had another sesh today, died once more but now we have nailed it I think.

It's a close fight each time but we killed the patriach twice, if he gets a lucky non resisted nuke it can be a game changer. He also hits hard enough and resists the bard often enough that mezz doesn't land super reliably.

Sarnak warhammer seems to proc quite a bit in the mainhand but if you are sure I'll switch em back.

I have been kicking to interrupt but assumed that bashing was still better at it/higher chance or something no?

We killed him twice and no cloak QQ

We kill the shark and havent seen the named yet, we reckon we might be able to beat him if we mezz lock him and regen....

We didn't get many more clerics, but the last one we wrecked and disrupted the shit out of it. Just straight up bullied it with the bard mezz it was almost cruel.

Patriach resisted more because of the level.

Funnily enough despite my silly brother saying he couldn't see his exp bar move on kill he got half a level and Dinged 47! That should make resists easier.

I also got a EB item for my warr which was a load off my mind. Although Ironically I now will struggle to scrape together the funds to buy the cloak if it is put up for sale somewhere but such is life.

The struggle continues!
Old 06-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys will always to encounter more troubles as a bard/warrior duo, Kedge, traks teeth, anywhere.

Consider rolling classes that are a powerful duo, shaman/monk, ench/cleric or druid, ench/pal, necro/druid etc...

you will be able to move through alot more content with an Ench/ other good class duo...

basically heals, and an effective method of dps/crowd control make any good duo
Yeah I just hate levelling and am supposed to be doing things other than 99 which I don't
I only play My war my sham and my bros bard, sham is low and has bad gear.
They are recreations of our classic mains so it's kinda part of the nostalgia.

Not planning on trying TT again till bard is at least 50/51 and Warrior has finished his cold suit for ice comets from mask guy (of which patriarch cape is a part)
Old 06-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We kill the shark and havent seen the named yet, we reckon we might be able to beat him if we mezz lock him and regen....
He's tough, so I wouldn't take him lightly, but he doesn't cast and I'd think you could do him. If not ... you've already shown you're not afraid of death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

But also, just to warn you, I've done that camp a lot: Loramin has six chests, and I've sold some and given some to alts also. Based on my experience, the chance of a chest really is about 1 in 100: the named spawns roughly 1 in 20 times, and it drops the chest about 1 in 5.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread