Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

I have to completely agree with dino on this one

Just because you're sensitive doesn't mean memes caused this

The guy was a lunatic, just like the ones before him

It's just easier for you to deal with it blaming memes

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

can dopamine be a stimulant? methmeme psychosis
Old 03-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The entire god damn video was designed to be a meme. The guy said meme's were extremely important for this kind of movement.

What I take from that is people who continually perpetuate these memes should be aware that they are somewhat participating in what could become a kind of online radicalization movement.

And if you really honestly can't stomach the consequences. Maybe you shouldn't engage in the action. That's just denial.

ISIL targeted disaffected isolated men to do these kinds of things. It works well.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 03-15-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what the fuck are you saying? Outlaw humor?
im saying use your brain. can you not be a giant histrionic mess for once in your life?
Old 03-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

you can acknowledge a role for memes in this event just as you can for poverty or firearms or prejudice in other situations. that doesn't mean we throw memes in the trash, just be cognizant of our words and perhaps more importantly, those to whom we utter them.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mosque shootings kill 49; white racist claims responsibility

Kind of like a video game -- except real people. A lot of women and children in particular. He shot video in a way that made it look like a CS or CoD match. Lots of chan memes etc.

It was like the whole thing was a joke to him. Listening to music on the drive over. Just kind of cool headed the whole time. Never seen anything quite like it.
Want to note for clarity: he was playing songs from Initial D, British meme march songs, and remixes of German songs that memed on 4chan. He posted a thread on 8chan before the attack with links to his Facebook stream and manifesto and that "ostraya" face newf@g garbagememe that Filbus was into. It was definitely him. He was a /pol/ cultist. He said "subscribe to pewdiepie" on the stream before he got into his car to drive to the mosque. Horror.

Quote:
just skimming through his manifesto it seems like he was just some poorly educated deranged dude with no real purpose. He decided this was the one he was going to get behind and went for it

if anything his actions will promote even more diversity and community, as shown by nz and the rest of the world completely denouncing the act

the ones that agree with him will always be a minority in today’s world
You are correct that this is a minority thing. But it is also a significant death cult, as finally proven beyond doubt yesterday. If there are indeed multiple (4 people, 3 men and a woman) involved, even more chilling a demonstration of how powerful the indoctrination power of these boards and their orbiting social circles are.

I don't want to call out any names but there is a prominent ex-poster on this board involved in large circles of people who take this stuff 100% seriously and fuel it with significant amounts of money. People who pay people to be funny in this vein because they know it fuels a social context where these things happen. The intersection of our right to free speech with this is sticky and the ramifications of reaction by restricting those rights are, of course, terrifying. That is why this shit has to be *way* beyond the realm of "in good taste" or "just a joke". People stuck on this stuff, ironically or not, are sinning.

The ethnonationalist / "things are awful!!" (which is fueled on both sides btw) madness is taking lives and forcing us into a position where we will restrict free speech and congregation on the Internet. Because people can't handle it and we don't know what to do. And because those who are ironically engaged in pushing these memes refuse to understand that it creates a context where this behavior is earnestly cheered by a minority of the minority.

I think it is within our rights to post ironically inciteful things and that it is not equivalent to participation in murder. But to ignore the role these places and contexts played in this person's head (NOT an isolated case) is idiocy. I'm not calling for a restriction of rights; I'm stating that this behavior will render it a political inevitability. Without taking a stance either way. Because I just don't know. I don't know if we can handle the free dissemination of propaganda. It may render political stability impossible. It may be a pipe dream. I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goddamn I'm ready for a civil war.

Sick of these fucking fascist fucks telling people what they can and cannot say.
This is kind of what I was afraid of seeing out of you in response to this. I'm sorry, Dino, but I can't respect you as a cutesy memer the way I have been.

That's not what you are showing yourself to be here. You are showing yourself to be something very ugly. You are quite literally embracing what happened. Which demonstrates the power of these echo chambers. But it is still really gross on a personal level, dude. Please seek improvement of your character. There is no honor in entrenching yourself in wrongness. Especially when it is this evil. I will hear you out if you earnestly seek personal development. I know that it is possible to recover from where you are and I know you will deserve forgiveness if you pursue that.

re: deriak, his IQ is so low that I don't even feel like lecturing. I don't feel any earnest malice in him. But I hope he introspects.
Last edited by America; 03-15-2019 at 01:29 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I think there's a point where you separate humor from outright propaganda. Anyone espousing censorship of humor because it might have negative consequences is a fucking fascist.

Propaganda, though... that shit's evil and it's pretty effective on our nation's glucose blood levels.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can acknowledge a role for memes in this event just as you can for poverty or firearms or prejudice in other situations. that doesn't mean we throw memes in the trash, just be cognizant of our words and perhaps more importantly, those to whom we utter them.
the thing about throwing memes in the trash is that you should, on a personal level, but legally you'd have to make people responsible for the the things they say, and we've decided that's wrong i forget why.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are correct that this is a minority thing. But it is also a significant death cult, as finally proven beyond doubt yesterday. If there are indeed multiple (4 people, 3 men and a woman) involved, even more chilling a demonstration of how powerful the indoctrination power of these boards and their orbiting social circles are.
a handful of people vs billions

insignificant in my opinion

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Participating in moving the United States into an era of Communism that will envelop the entire world's economy into economic destitution is no better, bro. It's a radicalization movement as well, and the consequences of communism have already been demonstrated every single time it's adopted so why do you keep supporting this bullshit?
Well get back to me when form posters that write in paragraphs dress up like Red guards and kill 50 people in church.

I'm not really a meme guy TBH.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 03-15-2019 at 01:29 PM..
Closed Thread