Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 07:49 AM
Aviak

Default Luminescent Staff questions

45 Druid here saving for one of these but I am having second thoughts.

Can you really get a cast off without getting hit due to the 10 second cast time on ensnared mobs? Is the recast time the same 10 second cast time? It llooks like they got for about 5k plat and I am still saving but I have yet to see one come up in EC chat. Are they hard to come by? I would have had the 5k by now but I spent a lot on gear upgrades this week and finally got over 170 now my wisdom is 199 but will drop 6 when I go 2h blunt. Only thing bad is my 2h blunt is only 53 but both 1h skills are maxed
Old 09-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Aviak

Once the mob is snared run out of casting range and spam click the staff. When the mob is in range you'll have enough time to finish the cast before they get to you. Then repeat.

Take the staff to the aviak village in TD where the barage stops first. The birds there can get you from 45 > 53 before they start to go green. Use ensnare to slow them down. Regular snare will ware off before you can finish them.

You can sell the staff to the next druid for the same amount that you purchased it for and let the cycle of bird slaughtering continue.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

tl dr,..
mobs run at different speeds
keep them snared
start the cast at max range
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:28 PM
Aviak

I wasn't sure if Max range would be enough... I guess it is.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Its worth it, you'll have enough time to get the cast off, and the items holds value incredibly well.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:35 PM
Kobold

100% worth.

You can basically powerlevel yourself from 46-49 (when you get your next AOE spell). And it's still super useful to have after that because you know... mana free dmg. I used it a lot quadding the othmirs in cobalt scar when my mana pool wasn't quite enough, would burn all my mana then finish off the quad with lumi staff.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Well I bought one a long time ago for like 5k, went from 45-53 making thousands of plat, then sold it. Not quadding. Root, snare, click until dead.

Just another consideration.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Drolvargs in dreadlands too. Can levi up to the top of the wall of KC. Bind, go down, gather your kite, gate, then run down into the middle of KC, while still in dreadlands, its a huge empty square to kite in.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drolvargs in dreadlands too. Can levi up to the top of the wall of KC. Bind, go down, gather your kite, gate, then run down into the middle of KC, while still in dreadlands, its a huge empty square to kite in.
such a gross exploit but i love it. do you get social/proxy agro thru walls?
Old 09-21-2020, 11:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gate? Why gate? I usually bind in EC or the next zone to where I am camping. Died at gate point once and respawned just to die again
Last edited by DaQue2; 09-21-2020 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread