Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

I never really enjoyed any other MMORPGs. I played Daoc and it seemed like it would be a good vacation from EQ. It may have been when EQ died and so it just reminded me of how all MMOs would probably be all bad. I played shadowbane and enjoyed it. It actually isnt the best of MMOs but ive metaphorically described it as God giving me a good enough game to play while barely able to play video games. I enjoyed it. I had a monitor randomly shift the screen to the side, two CDs broke in my computer, a mouse would not move left right easily on CS, and CS would not load a game unless i clicked join game for what i described as 10-15 minutes or more. So i took it as i couldnt play games for a while but i could play shadowbane and I was very grateful for it.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Project 1999 hands down best MMO
Old 09-10-2020, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

anarchy online, but it’s bad don’t bother
Old 09-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Classic World of Warcraft has been pretty fun. I'd say that I would rank it up there with classic EQ.

I didn't play WOW back in the day, so there is no nostalgia for me, but I can see why so many people left EQ for wow. Not everyone has time to stare at a wall for hours waiting for a dragon to pop. I get that for some, fielding a force powerful enough to down a raid boss before the competition can is thrilling. But for most people, that level of autism is unreasonable when you have real life to tend to.

One thing classic EQ is really good at is making the player slow down. As part of slowing down, conversations become more prevalent. Some of my fondest memories come from pick up groups in upper and lower guk. The confusing zones and dangerous mobs prevent you from just running through things. People chat about all kinds of things, and it did feel like 6 years ago on blue, everyone was a lot more awe struck my the majesty of p99s recreation of classic eq. I made great friends with Drazok and Diacetyl, both of which I haven't talked with in years - I think about our fun times every so often. That same style of grouping is nearly non existent in wow.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

If you mean free to play then it's None - there aren't any worth a damn besides p99, and that's a fact.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

City of Heroes. I was taking a break from P99 when CoH came back, and aside from a two-week return to Norrath, I've been playing CoH exclusively ever since.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:51 PM
Large Bat

Runescape! Particularly Old School runescape! Played it on and off for the better part of 15 years. Now p1999 and and Runescape are two different beasts but they share many similarities. Mainly the constant grind, good community for the most part and that sense of accomplishment 99 percent of MMOs lack today.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:12 PM
Aviak

Classic EverQuest is near impossible to beat. Maybe Pantheon RotF will hold my interest, but I am doubtful.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Teir Zoo is a good one.

https://youtu.be/z-XHao1YH9w
Old 09-13-2020, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

<-Ultima Online
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread