Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

EQ is like christmas morning, there are sparkly treasures everywhere, but after you open them all its just a regular morning.

Aiding players when it comes to obtaining these items imo was a mistake, one I thought was a very smart choice back when we did it.

Like most things that history proves were a mistke, lists were made with great intentions.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is like christmas morning, there are sparkly treasures everywhere, but after you open them all its just a regular morning.

Aiding players when it comes to obtaining these items imo was a mistake, one I thought was a very smart choice back when we did it.

Like most things that history proves were a mistke, lists were made with great intentions.
I'm not sure how you can make this claim since you have no idea the outcome of an alternative. Also, I can certainly say the need for GM/guide intervention due these lists most likely made a huge difference for them at least.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

The alternative is that you dont obtain the legacy item you were hoping to obtain. Im very familiar with that.

I for one did not get one I wanted my whole life, and now looking back Im glad I can still lust after it, so I kind of do know the alternative. I also know that after obtaining things I wanted in this game for 20 years, on p99, that I do not enjoy it as much as I did for 19 years leading up to obtaining em.

Im glad I still do not have a decked out ranger dark elf or a lustrous russet shaman.

Here I am only saying that perhaps "getting what you want" is less rewarding in this game game as simply "enjoying the journey"
Old 09-20-2020, 06:01 PM
Banned

Still haven't read a good argument as to why taking some measure to throttle account sharing would be bad. It would dissuade a non-zero percentage of neckbeards. I do not think it would encourage *additional* neckbeards as some kind of fuck you dad, but maybe that is the case? It's speculative.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:19 PM
Banned

I mean specifically for lists btw, not for account sharing generally. While it is also kinda lame it's a reality here.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:44 AM
Banned

It's not speculative, limiting account sharing would be a fix but the current system has put in an automated system that is concrete, they reduced their already overwhelmingly ridiculous petition que by a huge amount.

/list is what it is and it is here to stay, it's not perfect but it's better than the alternative. If the community as a whole really starts to hate it then we will really make that known when people have to take a 50+ to a camp. Mob justice is the only thing that keeps an illusion of order in every country that aren't European.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Still haven't read a good argument as to why taking some measure to throttle account sharing would be bad.
Because the mechanisms offered so far wouldn't stop the small group of elite /listers and it would have negative impact on at least some casuals.

Quote:
limiting account sharing would be a fix
What exact mechanism should be used to limit account sharing? So far we've heard IP cannot change - but VPN or shared VM (don't even need to log out of the character on this one.) VPN much more likely and accessible to even the brain dead.

Anything else?

I'm all for limiting account sharing, but I can't see how it would be done well.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one will be genteel, even-keeled, fair-minded, magnanimous, but I can't speak for the ruffians.
Haha, man I wish you talked on discord. I talk a lot of shit to Mannastone but i've played with him and this analytical autism reflects in game. He is a very good and attentive player that is having an internal conflict 100% of the time there is an efficiency discretion. Which is hilarious because Black Lotus (have a lot of very good players) are generally casual and laid back asf, letting people play the way they want to as long as they aren't wiping the raid.

Meanwhile, Mannastone is a caricature of twitch on South Park desperately trying not to be THAT guy. Never change Manna.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Haha, man I wish you talked on discord.
I talked once. No one believed it was me - I didn't have a Chinese accent.

I am one of the most laid back people on a raid. So chill in fact, people thought I was dead..... So, I did what any person would do: I got my heart monitor hooked up via API to #mannastone-alive discord channel that beeps a notification every time my heart beats and pops out a systolic / diastolic update every minute. I've analyzed the results to know when my heart rate is most elevated with a timestamp. Using those timestamps, I review the footage of my local stream capture to review the game footage to see the zone I am, looking for the functions my character is performing, the texts I am receiving (with AI sentiment analysis ofc), etc.

I have not only proven that although I am chill beyond belief, I am in fact alive, and I have, through diligent analysis and application of my findings, improved my overall play experience with 5.6% more "exciting play." My next goal is to increase the number of people subscribed to #mannastone-alive channel.

Quote:
Never change Manna.
Noted.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:43 PM
Banned

My toon on green is Selasen btw, I haven't played in months but I had some time off so I rolled a rogue
Closed Thread