Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Orc

Default Hotzones?

So probably not going to get any support on here for this due to it being "Not Classic" but I was sitting there today thinking about how everyone takes the same leveling path of Unrest,MM,CoM, KC ect for the most part and then I was thinking wouldn't it be interesting to get people into different zones by implementing something like the Hotzones they did on live?
Maybe change this up once a month or something, at random, some kind of random generator. Since we'll be getting less quakes now might be an interesting idea.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

we wont be getting less quakes its just random anywhere from no quakes that month to 3 quakes that month

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Orc

Well in theory it can be less quakes since instead of "guarenteed" 3 quakes there's the chance of 3 or less, even 0. but that Quake comment was just a side point, even without the change to how that's going to be going I think the idea of randomized Hotzones that change every so often would be interesting and a way to shake up the whole leveling zone equation.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Given equal chances of 0 1 2 or 3 quakes theres a 50% chance it will be less quakes overall and a 50% chance it will be more quakes overall or exaxtly the same than before the change.

Not assuming its in anyway random or equal though given 90% of quakes being in the last 5 days/last day of month or whatever.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

It was a guaranteed 2 a month.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:21 AM
Orc

Either way the point of this wasn't less or more quakes. Just an idea to shakeup the idea of people going to the same zones over and over again.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Theres far better spots with more mobs sitting up all day everyday that people could go to but instead they sit lfg for hours in overpopulated zones lol i just bring my own group to the better zones i think most good players do this too ive noticed. Hotzones would just move the idiots to overcrowd somewhere else.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

I have just recently leveled a monk from 1-45 very quickly using zones like benfallen, runnyeye, najeana, kaesora, tower of frozen shadows, etc etc. I have had alot of fun doing so and met several new people along the way. Normally I would start the session doing a /who all LFG... then keep looking from there based on lvl range. I would either look for a duo or trio and on a few occasions have made full groups. It's not hard to convince people to join you in these zones as like myself most are in it for the adventure. Just be extreemly open minded and screw the min/max or even ideal class combos especially while lvling. If someone is LFG just invite them and dont look back. This doesn't make these zones I to hot zones but man the ZEM in these zones is great! Not to mention you choose your camp without any sort of competition in most cases.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres far better spots with more mobs sitting up all day everyday that people could go to but instead they sit lfg for hours in overpopulated zones lol i just bring my own group to the better zones i think most good players do this too ive noticed. Hotzones would just move the idiots to overcrowd somewhere else.
This is the only solution. Just form your own duo/trio and go exploring. I believe that a good trio is the absolute sweet spot of this game. With the right group, it's social enough and you get to basically see any type of content, use your class to it's fullest potential, and enjoy great xp.

Also, hotzones wouldn't move anybody. They'd still crowd the same easy zones because they are outdoor, lazy xp, and easy to bring reps in.
Last edited by Crede; 11-16-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

I like the idea of hotzones, and it's classic. If the ZEM is enough people will move