Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

With a vindi bp, SWC, Dozekzar mask, AOB clicky from fear, primal, blue sword, belt of dwarf slaying, 41% haste item, zordak ragefire gauntlets for equipped firefist effect, and in berserk? Yeah that could be good dps. especially if they use their "make every attack a crit" disc in berserk for crippling blows.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:06 PM
Banned

Monks with triple attack, and a two hander swapping in for fists parse very well, definitely better than a Paladin, especially since they can clear their aggro completely.
Last edited by Zipity; 09-13-2020 at 07:12 PM..
Old 09-14-2020, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Depends on relative gear too. Its been my observation that its much easier for Paladins and SKs to get high end weapons than warriors, monks or rogues. If there's a noticeable gear disparity as a result, Pallys can be up there.

In Aegis, for example, we have a pally with Tunare sword and at least two with Great Spear of Dawn. Most of our other classes are not nearly that well geared. Tunare sword pally was 7th DPS at the last big dragon kill (LTK) behind 4 rogues and 2 monks, and ahead of 2 rogues, 4 warriors, 5 rangers, 4 monks and a collection of other paladins/sks.

I've lost to that Pally in DPS on short duration fights before where I'm really unlucky on backstab hits and he's really lucky on his hits, though I comfortably outpace him on longer duration fights with lower DPS variance (I was 2nd on that parse).
Old 09-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on relative gear too. Its been my observation that its much easier for Paladins and SKs to get high end weapons than warriors, monks or rogues. If there's a noticeable gear disparity as a result, Pallys can be up there.

In Aegis, for example, we have a pally with Tunare sword and at least two with Great Spear of Dawn. Most of our other classes are not nearly that well geared. Tunare sword pally was 7th DPS at the last big dragon kill (LTK) behind 4 rogues and 2 monks, and ahead of 2 rogues, 4 warriors, 5 rangers, 4 monks and a collection of other paladins/sks.

I've lost to that Pally in DPS on short duration fights before where I'm really unlucky on backstab hits and he's really lucky on his hits, though I comfortably outpace him on longer duration fights with lower DPS variance (I was 2nd on that parse).
Well when a monk weapon swaps his fists have a 9/16 so he can squeeze out some offhand 9/16 attacks vs anyone else who is just gonna lands punch or two for 3 dmg. But yes a TOV/tunare geared Paladin vs a normal grouping melee is gonna be skewed and not a fair comparison I’m talking classes with similar gear. With similar gear I think a monk is second on DPS to rogue on melee dps due to great ratio weapons, triple attack, eagle strikes, dropping weapon to extra 9/16 offhand rounds, and being able to engage instantly and flopping aggro mid fight at will. Monks are just OP in velious.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Years of melee parsing end game Velious content with primal avatar has shown this average:

Rogue (135 dps) > Warrior (110 dps) > Ranger/Monk (85 dps) > Paladin (50 dps) > Shadowknight (45 dps)

The main take away is that monks, while considered a dps class by many, are in fact not very good dps - even with the very best gear. Warriors are the clear second for melee dps.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Durp herp
No need to actually counter with what anyone else says... I'll just quote myself repeatedly!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

nA&Aethyn
Old 09-29-2020, 06:40 PM
Kobold

What would a low level warrior want if they were trying to enter berzerker mode at level 12+
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Labtop
I'm continuing to hear DEX doesnt do much at lower levels, but if it is the only stat that helps me crit more, would I want more crit change with higher dex or higher strength for more damage. I imagine solo warrior stopping HP regen with no food and Crimson Potions would be able to stop regening, but is this effective?

I think my focus would be to stack HP so when I do enter berzerking 40% isn't such a detriment to me that I have only 200hp...
hp and dex for more value in cripping blows, default with high strenght and most dex, best class to try this on would be a dwarf it seems to me,
ogre has obvious advantages because no frontal stun is pretty big, when you're already putting yourself at such a close to death scenario, but their low dex doesn't make it appealing to me.
Last edited by Shac; 09-29-2020 at 06:43 PM..
Old 09-29-2020, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Really hope this thread can convince the server that dps warriors can be a thing because tanking is 2nd lamest thing in the game besides rooted dragons
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-30-2020, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

food for tought: ogre war for max HP so berserking at 40% HP lets the war have more cushioning OR gnome war for less HP so berserking at 40% HP treshold is easier to achieve PLUS you get tinkering armor clicks

ogre literally gets double STR and nearly double STA of a gnome, while gnome gets +15DEX
Closed Thread