Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 06:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

Well, i can see his quote. I had started to read his nonsense reply but decided to ignore him instead. Save me the effort of having to explain something he obviously doesn't understand.
Sounds like you got angry at my reply, didn't have a way to properly respond to it, and now put your hands over your ears.
Quote:
Yeah, I do entertain myself while driving. I am a man.
Real men don't run away. Just saying.
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 11-24-2019 at 07:17 AM..
Old 12-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Large Bat

Was there any update on the game after poor Brad's passing?
Old 12-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerafym [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was there any update on the game after poor Brad's passing?
They'll have a better idea of the remaining budget once they realize the street value of the leftover pills.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point is that the priority of an automobile is still meant for transportation. Yes, you can find entertainment out of driving, but that's not the main intention of it. Claiming that flooding your ability to see in a car (where you life could be at stake) is the same as your ability to see in a videogame is asinine.
Adherence to the intended purpose of anything suppresses creative thought and delays innovation. The vehicle dashboard/game UI comparison is only asinine to the unimaginative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdGHthpNAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that Brad's gone, I don't think this project has any chance of going anywhere. Likely will die out soon. Lot of people hopped onto the anticipation of the game from his name alone. Without him, the community surrounding it might fall apart.
If McQuaid had placed greater emphasis on fleshing out its visuals first, instead of the core mechanics, that argument would have a leg to stand on. He didn't, so it doesn't. Vanguard actually served as a valuable lesson it seems. Had that game released according to plan, perhaps more resources would have been focused initially towards the graphics of PRotF. As a result, we would have more icing/sprinkles and less cake at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO...talking_about/

But yes, it goes without saying that everything can fall apart seemingly without warning; McQuaid's passing serves as a reminder of that. Our bodies are vehicles, as are games, each fragile upon inception and each transporting us through worlds that challenge and reward us, but eventually we play through all of the content and move on. What is left in our absence others can either preserve (p99), build upon (protf), or attempt to tear down which still contributes to the overall progress.

Quote:
Given his troubled past, it could've been a relapse into drug addiction. And if that's the case, that can spell poison for the PR of a project like this.
Superstitious lines of text read better coming from an NPC in Norrath rather than an individual on Earth. The stigma addicts have faced is part of a larger education problem. Who cares about PR other than big corporations, politicians, and social media influencers preoccupied with image and polls? Looking back, it's reasonable to say that McQuaid earned his name in the industry almost in spite of public relations, which underscores the quality of his work and the games he worked on. A supposed overdose is only fodder for the usual trolls who seek relevance through outrage and are content with gaining it anonymously online. Still, even that is a game of sorts. Brad himself had said that indifference was worse than any negative feedback or trolling. But if anything, the gaming community ought to be the first to empathize or at least relate, considering the number of addicts within it, some recovering and others on-again, off-again. This is of course assuming your assumption is right, which is not much different from the blind leading the blind.
Last edited by Ennewi; 12-02-2019 at 07:47 PM..
Old 12-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned

I'm going to hazard that the above poster also possesses digital currency.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Still wondering if it will be good despite how bad or not it might look.

And if the team will reorganize and make the game at all.

I think I will play it eventually ... I remember buying Vanguard back in the day and enjoying it despite all of its flaws.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to hazard that the above poster also possesses digital currency.
A better guess would've been old Show Biz and Aladdin's Castle arcade tokens.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adherence to the intended purpose of anything suppresses creative thought and delays innovation. The vehicle dashboard/game UI comparison is only asinine to the unimaginative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdGHthpNAM

If McQuaid had placed greater emphasis on fleshing out its visuals first, instead of the core mechanics, that argument would have a leg to stand on. He didn't, so it doesn't. Vanguard actually served as a valuable lesson it seems. Had that game released according to plan, perhaps more resources would have been focused initially towards the graphics of PRotF. As a result, we would have more icing/sprinkles and less cake at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO...talking_about/

But yes, it goes without saying that everything can fall apart seemingly without warning; McQuaid's passing serves as a reminder of that. Our bodies are vehicles, as are games, each fragile upon inception and each transporting us through worlds that challenge and reward us, but eventually we play through all of the content and move on. What is left in our absence others can either preserve (p99), build upon (protf), or attempt to tear down which still contributes to the overall progress.

Superstitious lines of text read better coming from an NPC in Norrath rather than an individual on Earth. The stigma addicts have faced is part of a larger education problem. Who cares about PR other than big corporations, politicians, and social media influencers preoccupied with image and polls? Looking back, it's reasonable to say that McQuaid earned his name in the industry almost in spite of public relations, which underscores the quality of his work and the games he worked on. A supposed overdose is only fodder for the usual trolls who seek relevance through outrage and are content with gaining it anonymously online. Still, even that is a game of sorts. Brad himself had said that indifference was worse than any negative feedback or trolling. But if anything, the gaming community ought to be the first to empathize or at least relate, considering the number of addicts within it, some recovering and others on-again, off-again. This is of course assuming your assumption is right, which is not much different from the blind leading the blind.
You really have a talent for writing. Do you have some sort of blog?
Old 12-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Banned

https://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0&pagenumber=1

Poking around SA today and found this thread that purports to summarize Star Citizen. I found the first page of interest, at least. If you're the donator type, you may not find it so interesting but perhaps you'd like to see how the other side thinks or perhaps enjoy some heartburn for its own sake.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Addiction is personal weakness. Everyone wants to do 8 balls and fuck 25 year old brunettes all day, that’s irrelevant. It’s a manifestation of a supremely selfish and unexamined life. Duterte has the right idea
Closed Thread