Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Sorry for rez'ing this post but;

A 1st toon Gnome Warrior probably wouldn't see these items until when, would you think? I see people saying they're awesome twink items for a war. But can we assume that a warrior wouldn't get these items for a long time / they are hard to obtain?

Curious because I was thinking of starting a gnome war, but I don't have any "twink" items other than a Silvery 2H Axe
Old 07-28-2020, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddbaal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry for rez'ing this post but;

A 1st toon Gnome Warrior probably wouldn't see these items until when, would you think? I see people saying they're awesome twink items for a war. But can we assume that a warrior wouldn't get these items for a long time / they are hard to obtain?

Curious because I was thinking of starting a gnome war, but I don't have any "twink" items other than a Silvery 2H Axe
I don't know how much they cost on Blue server. On Green, they don't exist yet. I'm afraid I don't know when these cultural smithing items are added, but it's certainly after Kunark launch.

You might consider leveling up a current character more, amassing some plat and items, and buying a set of basic gear for your Gnome warrior. My top suggestion: Polished Steel Dirk and another comparable weapon.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

its going to be a while. I’m fuzzy with the timeframe but the clockwork armor was put in after Velious and before Chardok 2.0. Conservatively a couple years.

What you will miss out on the leveling help they offer. Much though of that was also the fungi (for me) so I expect you will be into your mid or high 50’s until you can afford or loot one on green.

What a gnome with these always has on another warrior is cheap and capable haste. 40% for almost 20 mins at top level for 5.5p (and only the duration varies per level). For a warrior the closest thing besides burning shaman potions or clicks from an Ashenwood spear is a Eyepatch or Plunder and that is a sock camp for two out of the four parts (for 20% haste).

Ultimately play what you like the look and feel of the most. A full stam gnome build with boots, gloves, and arms though is extremely formidable (albeit sometimes encumbered).
Closed Thread