Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default quoted for truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah so what should happen is:
Someone: CC
Fires of Heaven: We're heading to Efreeti
You: OK I won't be a dick and try to get there before them.
This^. Also, leapfrogging is risky...I've seen it turn into a trainfest before. Just come back and do Efreeti later!
Old 09-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

But also, OP: I, too, don't like it either when people call a camp while not actively clearing it. I think it's bad form. If they're right outside, about to break the camp, then sure. Even if they're clearing at the lilypads, I'd hang back and wait to see if they succeed before trying to beat them to it. But calling it from the zoneline is disgraceful.

Also, I wonder if we can create a new meta of randos teaming up to do Efreeti. You know? If you're an enc/clr duo, bring that shaman or monk or paladin along. If they know what they're doing, they'll add stability to your crew.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDerisgreat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet again, an FoH group claims efreeti despite not even being past Lillypads. Shouldn't come as much of a surprise considering the guild's track record but I'm a fool.
All that sodium is gonna give u a heart attack.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:40 PM
Banned

camp disputes are easily solved with training, are you new to eq?
Old 09-27-2020, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do a CampCheck when I enter a zone is 99% of the time if I'm going for a specific camp.
Whether people respond they're camping it or not, I go check it out.

Remember CC is a courtesy from both parties not a requirement.
But here is why I tend to do it.

So I show up at the camp and no one is there, mobs are up.
I take that camp and then when that other people shows up I tell them I'm camping it, the mobs were up and no one was here.

---
Leapfrogging is super lame but allowed on p99. If they're still not past lillypads, you can use their clear to that camp to take that camp before they can take it. Expect them to get upset and maybe even petition. As per the rules they're not camping it and as per the Play Nice Policy they've already violated that by publicly claiming a camp they're not camping.
The pnp does not say that rofl
Old 09-27-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pnp does not say that rofl
incorrect the pnp does have a section that covers players claiming a camp that they are not camping.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349
In Section 2, Sub section parahraph 2

Quote:
That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But also, OP: I, too, don't like it either when people call a camp while not actively clearing it. I think it's bad form. If they're right outside, about to break the camp, then sure. Even if they're clearing at the lilypads, I'd hang back and wait to see if they succeed before trying to beat them to it. But calling it from the zoneline is disgraceful.
Depends on how they're calling it. If I just zone in somewhere and do a CC say at CT, and you hear the usual "AoF CY", "Archon", "Temple" whatever I'd call out "Ok I'm going to Archon CY" and then maybe send a tell to the guy doing Archon making sure he knows.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If a player is claiming the uncontested Efreeti/Efreeti trash. But they're actively engaged with beetles. Efreeti/Efreeti trash is not being camped due to no presence and not being very near to the spawn.

Note there is a distinct difference between the words. Claimed, Camped, Uncontested & Contested.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

If only you could throw etiquette under the bus and pvp them for the camp? The solution is there, you just picked the server where you chose to be rule abiding Norrathians.

Should efreeti be a /list camp? The pve scene needs more lists as they're incredibly fair.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only you could throw etiquette under the bus and pvp them for the camp? The solution is there, you just picked the server where you chose to be rule abiding Norrathians.
We live in a society of rules. Many, many, many, many rules.

The alternative is a dead server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]