Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Orc

hey, heyyy, All I'm saying is, it would be cool if they said, "Hey Project1999 you guys are cool".
Old 03-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Quote from a developer
Quote:
We have no plans what so ever to do actual sales of in game items, and I'm personally very opposed to the idea for EverQuest. I think microtransations can be a valid business model if planned from the ground up for a game, but it would be very very bad for EQ.

-Ryan(Rytan_the_Wyrmlord)
Shortly thereafter...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There was also some greatness from Smedley himself saying that this would never happen in EQ. They just did too great of a job addicting us and people completely overlook it.

No more CRs(You respawn with all your gear and can summon your corpse to you). No more need for grouping(You actually have a "mercenary" who will heal you or tank for you in battle). Instant travel anywhere(PoK, Guild portals). And you can purchase in game items for cash.

We bash on WoW a lot here, but EQLive just might be even worse.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

EQ live is a sad affair.

That being I said I wish I could log onto project 1999.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote from a developer

Shortly thereafter...

There was also some greatness from Smedley himself saying that this would never happen in EQ. They just did too great of a job addicting us and people completely overlook it.

No more CRs(You respawn with all your gear and can summon your corpse to you). No more need for grouping(You actually have a "mercenary" who will heal you or tank for you in battle). Instant travel anywhere(PoK, Guild portals). And you can purchase in game items for cash.

wow, this is just sad.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Aviak

Can we have that message or a similar one broadcast on April Fool's? Set up a whole realistic looking store with a "broken" order page so you can't get to the screen to supposedly enter your credit card number? Pleeeease?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Only thing that I will miss that we will never get here is the LDoNs. It was fun dungeon running with a group of friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

And yes, WoW>EQLive.

Go spam this server's info everywhere. It's a great server, and will only get better the better community we have. Can you imagine if there were so many people playing they had to do a server split? lol.

But seriously, the more the merrier, and you don't have to worry about anything legal coming back to bite anyone in the ass.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Developer

The classic experience is great. I don't understand why Sony didn't make their own truly classic server. They should have done the same thing, timeline wise. It would have been a lot of work to get going, but it would have been worth it.

They could have brought back "The Vision". But instead, we found it, and brought it here. Wouldn't it be funny if some people like Brad Mcquaid, or John Smedley were sneaking on to the server to play and relive the experience?

Spamming message boards tends to piss people off, so I personally don't recommend unbridled spamming. Bringing the server up in conversation, won't tick people off usually. There are a lot of people out there that have tried the EMU servers before. In the past, they weren't the most reliable, and bugs were annoying. The EMU code has matured greatly. I think we have got the bigger bugs under pretty good control now. There are just plenty of little adjustments left to do.

Haynar
Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Orc

I tried to do some "non-spamming" Postings in the official eq1 boards (as i still have an active account there because i still pay my eq2 account). But all i got were rude posts of players and especially admins (!) and they all screamed about me: this wouldnt be Legal and they hope i go in Jail for posting this (lol) and stuff like that. I really couldnt believe it. Admins deleted my post fast (reason: You are not allowed to post links to bla bla bla....i did not post any links i just mentioned project1999 but i did not post any links. They deleted my posting anyway for no reason.

Answers to my postings were stuff like that:

Quote:
There are places in hell reserved for People like you
Quote:
I hope they catch you and put you in Jail
I know sounds like i did a completely tard post over there, but i swear i didnt. I just wrote 1-2 Sentences that there is a good free classic server, nothing else. I have no idea whats wrong with these people, but since i know they all tards i dont even want them on our nice server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote from a developer

Shortly thereafter...

Saying eqlive is worst than wow might be a little harsh. I stopped playing eq after I was in the beta of the latest expansion and its not as bad as everyone is saying. Don't get me wrong, the game isnt what it used to be but there are some changes I like. I don't think no more corpse runs is that bad, most of you probably have some good memories of retrieving your corpse out of a hard dungeon but corpse runs weren't fun and didn't make the game more challenging, its just a time sink. Mercs are needed for the game sadly, there isn't a big enough population to always find pick up groups(i never had that problem though). They won't replace a group and you definitely wont replace a human healer/tank with one since they are extremely stupid. I do hate that they took out most traveling, but again its just a time sink anyways and doesn't add a challenge to the game. I hate station cash and refuse to support it(haven't even spent the free points that they gave everyone yet). They MOSTLY sell stuff that doesn't affect gameplay, but it is one of the worst things that happened to eq. btw I think they gave everyone 3 free days to play for their 11th anniversary today.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Kobold

this post gets two erudite with gold teeth and red shoes, penises down.
Closed Thread