Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Aviak

I'm with szjanoski on this one. Is there a screenshot tutorial for this? I'm not tech savy at all. I downlaoded quartz and followed the steps so far. Im stuck at the terminal pop-up part.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to be having some trouble I've installed wine stable, the terminal window pops up, i navigate to the p99.app (/applications/EQp1999.app) I can then further navigate with the CD command to the everquest directory (/Applications/EQp1999.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest) but seem unable to get beyond that point? Am I missing something silly? I've tried run commands open commands changed the directory right to the eqgame.exe any guidance from those who have it working?
So when you open Wine Stable and go to that directory, do you enter ‘wine eqgame.exe patchme’? What happens then?
Old 09-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Aviak

Can confirmed that Erlkoenig's instructions worked for me.

[insert German Romantic art song joke here]
Old 09-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Aviak

See ReadOnly’s recent posts if you are a command-line newbie. My RSI has flared up, so I can’t post any more today.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlkoenig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See ReadOnly’s recent posts if you are a command-line newbie. My RSI has flared up, so I can’t post any more today.
Got it working mate, thanks for all your help.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Large Bat

Can someone help? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. So far I have:

1) Downloaded and Installed Wine Stable
2) Gotten into the command line
3) Typed 'wine eqgame.exe patchme’

When I do that, I receive a bunch of errors saying:

"/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'

I've also tried going right to the eqgame.exe file in my WineSkin wrapped and selecting open with Wine Stable. It tries to open and then I get a pop-up saying open everquest.exe. Have also tried dragging the eqgame.exe file into Wine Stable and that won't work either (I get a cannot open binary file message).

100pp for anyone that can help me out! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Slackerkid26; 09-09-2019 at 07:07 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlkoenig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you have Wine Stable installed, running it from Launcher by clicking its icon will open a command-line terminal. On this command-line, you will use ‘cd’ (plus ‘ls’ and maybe ‘pwd’) to navigate around. The P99 app looks like a program in Finder or on the desktop, but actually it’s just a special directory. You can navigate inside it on the command-line like a regular directory.

I don’t know how to make shortcut icons on MacOS. Google probably has some good tutorials.
This worked for me, great job community! My only question now would be... is anyone else having issues with quality of text? Everything seems a bit distorted compared to what it used to be for me. Gameplay is great, but the text is a bit distorted/ugly/not clear. Any way to fix that?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Anyone figure out a clear way to create the shortcut?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This worked for me, great job community! My only question now would be... is anyone else having issues with quality of text? Everything seems a bit distorted compared to what it used to be for me. Gameplay is great, but the text is a bit distorted/ugly/not clear. Any way to fix that?
its a font issue, try adjusting the size of the text in game.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackerkid26 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone help? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. So far I have:

1) Downloaded and Installed Wine Stable
2) Gotten into the command line
3) Typed 'wine eqgame.exe patchme’

When I do that, I receive a bunch of errors saying:

"/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.200.3/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'

I've also tried going right to the eqgame.exe file in my WineSkin wrapped and selecting open with Wine Stable. It tries to open and then I get a pop-up saying open everquest.exe. Have also tried dragging the eqgame.exe file into Wine Stable and that won't work either (I get a cannot open binary file message).

100pp for anyone that can help me out! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So this is how to get it work through Winestable

1. First go into your existing Wineskin P99 .app file (show package contents) and then navigate to your Everquest folder, for me it was Drive C>Program Files > Sony > Everquest. Find your eqgame.exe file in there.

2. Open up Wine Stable.

3. In Wine stable type cd THEN drag and drop your eqgame.exe file from the Wineskin directory into Wine Stable. BE SURE TO DELETE ALL OF EQGAME.EXE so your path just ends at the Everquest folder, NOT at Everquest/eqgame.exe but Everquest HIT ENTER

4. Then type wine THEN drag and drop eqgame.exe back into Wine Stable again THEN hit space and type patchme, hit enter.
Last edited by szjanoski; 09-09-2019 at 07:20 PM..