Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Aviak

Thanks to everyone for getting this worked out! Has anyone worked out a way to create a shortcut?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this is how to get it work through Winestable

1. First go into your existing Wineskin P99 .app file (show package contents) and then navigate to your Everquest folder, for me it was Drive C>Program Files > Sony > Everquest. Find your eqgame.exe file in there.

2. Open up Wine Stable.

3. In Wine stable type cd THEN drag and drop your eqgame.exe file from the Wineskin directory into Wine Stable. BE SURE TO DELETE ALL OF EQGAME.EXE so your path just ends at the Everquest folder, NOT at Everquest/eqgame.exe but Everquest HIT ENTER

4. Then type wine THEN drag and drop eqgame.exe back into Wine Stable again THEN hit space and type patchme, hit enter.

So close, I can now launch the screen but have a greyed out/white screen as previously reported. Is there a fix for this?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Aviak

Everything works great for me except my text looks somewhat blurry, I have tried other fonts and some of them look ok. I don't understand why I can't use the default arial and have it not be somewhat blurry but small problem to have.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackerkid26 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So close, I can now launch the screen but have a greyed out/white screen as previously reported. Is there a fix for this?
When you do the cd screen, does wine say anything to you back? If it does you might not be clearing out everything you need to clear out. It should just nonreactively accept the command, it shouldn't shoot any text out at you.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you do the cd screen, does wine say anything to you back? If it does you might not be clearing out everything you need to clear out. It should just nonreactively accept the command, it shouldn't shoot any text out at you.
Shooting a ton of text back, which files need to be cleared out? Thanks again for the help!
Old 09-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

I'm working on a bash script for shortcut, not sure if it will work but I hope so. If anyone else has a shortcut, let me know.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackerkid26 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shooting a ton of text back, which files need to be cleared out? Thanks again for the help!
You don't need to clear any files out, leave all as it is. When you are doing the cd command though you don't want eqgame.exe in the command.

So for example, my p99 wineskin.app is on my desktop

THE cd command for me is:

cd /Users/username/Desktop/JanoEQ.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program\ Files/Sony/EverQuest

it would not be

cd /Users/username/Desktop/JanoEQ.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program\ Files/Sony/EverQuest/eqgame.exe
Last edited by szjanoski; 09-09-2019 at 07:59 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Aviak

So I got this thing to finally run through wine stables. I get the message Error in your GUI xml files. Check your ui text files. Any fix for this? I copied files carefully and didn't copy paste folders (huge mistake I made long ago).
Old 09-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

An hpdate here with my stuff. wine_stable version yea. it seems that everything works fine on wine v3.0 bot nothing works right on wine 4.0
Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Everything works great for me except my text looks somewhat blurry, I have tried other fonts and some of them look ok. I don't understand why I can't use the default arial and have it not be somewhat blurry but small problem to have.
Yes I have that pixelated/blurry text effect as well, and every time I zone, my display turns to really high gamma momentarily. Neither are terrible, but a bit strange.