Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 12:42 PM
Kobold

So with Enc/Cleric/Necro you will be much weaker if you don't have an undead to charm for the necro, so you will have less flexibility of where you can go. Underrated though is that the necro can twitch the cleric. Cleric with C from Enc and twitch from necro is pretty much never going oom.

Enc/Enc/Cleric gets the flexibility of being a beast group everywhere, but the mana regen stuff doesn't "stack" here (just C). AoE mez is a super OP spell and even if a bunch of mobs are blasting one Enc, then you still have another that can aoe mez them.

I would probably prefer Enc/Enc/Cleric to Enc/Nec/Cleric.

You just don't need a tank with this group. The tank is one of the pets.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:21 PM
Skeleton

Cleric/Monk and Shaman has been favorite Trios with my chanter.

I occasionally duo with a Druid, thats also good fun.

But like people said, chanter pet is tank. Plus, if I put my on cha gear (255), tash + malo, pet lasts forever.
Last edited by spacecadet; 04-13-2021 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm pets before the lvl 42 mob hp jump is worthless. The time you lose DPS and risk death to a charm break doesn't counter just petwalling with sword pets.
I also agree with this. Just keep summoning him haha, way less stress and down time.

I have also had OK times with the 55 summoned chanter pet. Slow mob, haste pet, bedlem, repeat. He can take a huge amount of damage.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Man these people suggesting enchanters use their summoned pets are really bad at EQ.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF does that even mean? why are you talking about a trio and then asking about a duo?
I'll type this out slowly for you.

F r i e n d d e c i d e d n o t t o p l a y.

T h e r e i s n o t r i o a n d t h e r e w i l l n e v e r b e a d u o.

I f I w a n t e d t o d u o a n e n c, I w o u l d g o w i t h a c l e r i c / e n c.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcortez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll type this out slowly for you.

F r i e n d d e c i d e d n o t t o p l a y.

T h e r e i s n o t r i o a n d t h e r e w i l l n e v e r b e a d u o.

I f I w a n t e d t o d u o a n e n c, I w o u l d g o w i t h a c l e r i c / e n c.
look here, flipper boy, you said you wanted to know about a trio, and then suggested you were just wanting a new class for your friend(singular). if you had another player in mind for the trio, then you would have told us the class they plan to play. or... perhaps... you plan to box them? Hmmmmmmm.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:46 AM
Aviak

The original question is a good one. I have spent a lot (a lot) of time duoing and trioing on enc.

The two hands-down winners for trio are:

enc/clr/nec
enc/clr/mag

For most of the level range, enc/clr/nec wins. With this trio, you will want undead to charm. Also, as Toxigen mentioned, it's going to be the best choice (at any level) if there's a chance one of the trio leaves early.

Mag pulls ahead (malo) when charming at a high level where many mobs cast and most if not all summon. The mag pet will survive and occupy the mob's attention long enough during charm breaks. Take advantage of DS and do not slow.

Both nec and mag can help with mana regen in a way that stacks with C (twitch / rods). A cleric with 200+ CHA, wallvision, DA/DB is also beneficial and opens up additional options in either of these trios.
Last edited by Ruien; 04-15-2021 at 11:11 AM..
Old 04-15-2021, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The original question is a good one. I have spent a lot (a lot) of time duoing and trioing on enc.

The two hands-down winners for trio are:

enc/clr/nec
enc/clr/mag

For most of the level range, enc/clr/nec wins. With this trio, you will want undead to charm. Also, as Toxigen mentioned, it's going to be the best choice (at any level) if there's a chance one of the trio leaves early.

Mag pulls ahead (malo) when charming at a high level where many mobs cast and most if not all summon. The mag pet will survive and occupy the mob's attention long enough during charm breaks. Take advantage of DS and do not slow.

Both nec and mag can help with mana regen in a way that stacks with C (twitch / rods). A cleric with 200+ CHA, wallvision, DA/DB is also beneficial and opens up additional options in either of these trios.
Fair, but necro is still miles ahead of mage as the 3rd in this comp from an EXP standpoint. Another charm pet taking dmg that will be broken and killed at sub 10% hp for 100% exp, mez, roots, heals, and the ability to FD + rez in the case of shit hitting the fan (did someone say Howling Stones?) far outweighs malo.

Now, if the trio has plans to farm nameds at 60 you could make the argument for mage. Malo on a hasted (+muzzle saves risk of losing a tola robe), weaponized enc pet is nice...can also park the mage in spots like seb crypt, HS south safe hall, safe hall in velk, etc for quick access to cash camps via COTH.

Honestly it should just boil down to whether the 3rd player likes mage (easier) or necro (harder).
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-15-2021 at 02:22 PM..
Old 04-15-2021, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

If your end goal is to snipe big dick nameds, the third class should be a melee. Prob can pull off the craziest shit with an sk due to snap aggro and fd, but op ruled that out so monk, war, or pal should suffice. Ranger is nice for harmo but they just get beat so hard.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Best trio for pure kill efficiency
Enc x 2, nec

Best trio for doing the most difficult stuff
enc, cleric, shaman
Closed Thread