Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default The case for a Tunare enchanter.

Been sitting here for the last couple days trying to figure out what I ultimately want to play as a main. Got a decent chunk of life savings platinum waiting for whatever choice I make. Two of the stronger contenders I have in mind are an agnostic human enchanter, or a Tunare HIE enchanter.

I've heard the arguments for going agnostic all the time and I know it's pretty much the default choice. But the more I think about it, the Tunare option might be a good one too. There seems to be good reasons for going that route.

-The imbued High Elf Cultural chain is quite good for an enchanter.
-The Ancient Tomes quest later when Velious hits (rolling on Green server). Great piece of gear and I can't picture there being too much competition there.
-More of a personal taste thing, but essentially choosing a side in the world. The thing with an agnostic human enchanter, is that I would be compelled to keep my factions maintained everywhere, and thus would feel like I'm walking on eggshells with all the groups. That would limit my killing options. With the Tunare one I could feel like a true "good guy" and use my unlimited cosmic charming power on the various evil guards and NPCs of the world without much of a care.
-Rest of the reasons are also more of a personal taste thing. I like the idea of being friendly with the fae-folk throughout the Faydarks, reminds me of those fay-pact warlocks and sorcerers in D&D who often wield the powers typically attributed to enchanters in this game. Tunare is also a cool and pretty deity herself. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There might be other cons with that choice but these are a couple of the more immediate ones I thought of.

-Raiding PoG later will be an issue. What would a guild say if I ask to not have to help with killing anything in there (but still want to be able to raid other places)?
-Epic might be tougher at some points. Verina Tomb in particular, can't really use the whole city of Neriak to try and solo her. Reania Jukle might also be tough to reach though I suppose that part is optional.
-Not entirely sure how the brownies will feel about it, but I can't imagine much of a problem there.

Just felt like sharing some thoughts I've had over the last couple days, trying to decide what to play. Thanks for listening. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2021, 11:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh, you know enchanters can't wear chain, right?

and while that head piece is nice and all but not exactly much beffer then just a plain old tranix crown. By the time PoG is on green it will be selling for sub 10k.

Generally collaboration will be offset any given religious faction penalty, so won't wake much difference at that time.

i'd be curious to check if you take any faction penalty in the siren's grotto or velk lab for being tunare, personally. that could really make you regret your decision come velious.
They can wear this chain.

I honestly don't know much about enchanters, or even the higher level game, so my thoughts might be ill-informed. I didn't know there were factions to worry about in Siren's Grotto or Velk's Lab though.

You do have a point about the crown, but eh, it seems cool and it would essentially be free, hehe.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can wear this chain.

I honestly don't know much about enchanters, or even the higher level game, so my thoughts might be ill-informed. I didn't know there were factions to worry about in Siren's Grotto or Velk's Lab though.

You do have a point about the crown, but eh, it seems cool and it would essentially be free, hehe.
ya i actually had deleted that and was gonna repost this instead. the chain stuff isnt even going remotely as good as a lot of other items:

while that head piece is nice and all but not exactly much better then just a plain old tranix crown. By the time PoG is on green it will be selling for sub 10k.

same story with the other slots. invariably there will be plenty of better items and many slots for cheap pp.

That said, generally collaboration will be able offset any given religious faction penalty, so won't wake much difference at that time.

but i'd be curious to check if you take any faction penalty in the siren's grotto or velk lab for being tunare, personally. that could really make you regret your decision come velious.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya i actually had deleted that and was gonna repost this instead.
Ah my bad, hehe. Should I delete my response too?

But yup while I probably would upgrade that stuff when it finally does come time to raid, there's no guarantee I'll be able to and even if I got into a guild, gear pretty much comes at a trickle, doesn't it? So theoretically I'd still be wearing that stuff for a long time. Plus it just looks plain cool and unique. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd be less afraid of trashing factions on a Tunare enchanter. The bandit sash quest for instance, which would be a good boost of plat early on. Also killing troll/ogre/DE guards later. Guards are the easiest and quickest sources of cash I know. I'd be afraid of touching those as a regular agnostic human.

Can you elaborate on the factions within SG and Velk's? I had no idea there were any there.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

By using combination of illusion and faction spells you are able to move around velk and SQ without being KOS to most of the zone.

the big problem is there is no way to gain that faction -- so you never want to lose either faction if you wish to remain non-KOs there. if you get a neg faction hit for tunare at either of them it means you will forever be KOs there.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
By using combination of illusion and faction spells you are able to move around velk and SQ without being KOS to most of the zone.

the big problem is there is no way to gain that faction -- so you never want to lose either faction if you wish to remain non-KOs there.
Oh that's awesome, had no idea.

But yup you're right, there's no real way to confirm until I got to that level whether a deity would affect that, unless someone else has experience and could chime in.

Alrighty, agnostic it is. Thanks. xD
Old 04-24-2021, 01:40 PM
Banned

1. You’ll never get your epic on green server, FYI. Don’t mean to sound cynical that’s just how it is

2. I just discovered there is a fairly mandatory quest to get your level 44 tash spell, the only way to get it, that requires you to go into some of the evil cities like Neriak and oggok. I never quested for my incandescent or rod of glamour, just bought them, and I’d buy the spell too if I could but the scroll reward is no drop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2021, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. You’ll never get your epic on green server, FYI. Don’t mean to sound cynical that’s just how it is

2. I just discovered there is a fairly mandatory quest to get your level 44 tash spell, the only way to get it, that requires you to go into some of the evil cities like Neriak and oggok. I never quested for my incandescent or rod of glamour, just bought them, and I’d buy the spell too if I could but the scroll reward is no drop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nm someone could probably still just invis and do the quest even if KOS for some reason
Old 04-24-2021, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Eh, I still dream of one day seeing raid content and earning an epic. Even if it takes me 10 years to do so. If I can just get past this hurdle of chronic rerolling and trying to figure out what I want my main to be. It has to happen at some point, right?

I will admit that the difficulty of the epic plays a factor though. Monk, rogue and cleric appeal to me because they have easy epics, and the biggest downside to magician is how buttclenchingly tough theirs is (even though I do like that class). I'm not the strongest, most competitive, or most well-connected person though so I do know how tough it's going to be regardless.

But yup I thought the tash spell just required invising in people's cities. I did quest for the incandescent stuff at one point but had to pass on the mask because the guy I used to do the quests was quite KoS in Qeynos, hehe. Ended up just buying that one.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't even bother with the enchanter epic. it's easily in the F tier of epics. it's a free haste. so what? mana generation is not a problem for an enc.
Closed Thread