Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned

*adds Nagoya to the list*
Old 02-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

So long, Partymountain. You would have been a swell cleric. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All my names are super fine
My creativity does not need the help of someone naming characters platwhore, womblord or some bus-line, thank you very much.
>literally names his HALFLING DRUID after a japenese city

help is on the way!!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

ouch... this is the 4th time you give me this exact answer dude.
I'm starting to worry about your brain as a whole ;A;
And please, don't be ridiculous and talk about your creativity anymore, you will embarass yourself...

I'll give you the last word cause you think this is how you win an argument online, so fire at will I won't answer anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

good job!

Fil'Bus 1 - 0 Nagoya.

so strong. so man. so fierce. rawr.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

(ok sorry but if you're posting while i'm posting as well i use my joker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

you know that people have been named after cities since the dawn of times right?
you realize it is a very common thing in both the real world and most fantasy worlds and settings?
yes, i did think that "nagoya" was a nice sounding set of syllables for a fantasy halfling, the inspiration coming from a real-world city name.
would you have prefered SonyEQ (qeynos) as a fantasy-inspired name? or maybe white elf (felwithe)? ...
Old 02-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(ok sorry but if you're posting while i'm posting as well i use my joker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

you know that people have been named after cities since the dawn of times right?
you realize it is a very common thing in both the real world and most fantasy worlds and settings?
yes, i did think that "nagoya" was a nice sounding set of syllables for a fantasy halfling, the inspiration coming from a real-world city name.
would you have prefered SonyEQ (qeynos) as a fantasy-inspired name? or maybe white elf (felwithe)? ...
all of those violate the naming policy :c now, you could have utilized an anagram, liek Chetlopita Fokenchia
Old 02-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Where can I find the city of Nagoya in Norrath please? I want to slaughter its citizens
Old 02-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where can I find the city of Nagoya in Norrath please? I want to slaughter its citizens
it is a prefecture in central Akanaon.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Baler, Nemce... you know there are many cities in the world and some PC names are bound to sound alike real-world cities [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There is a town in Alberta called "Gimli" - what are you going to do, /petition J.R.R. Tolkien for breaking your immersion?

as stated in my previous post, that you quoted, i thought 'nagoya' was a nice set of syllable for a fantasy halfling, regardless of my inspiration. the inspiration of the player behind the name is a story in itself, but in-within the game, it is perfectly acceptable to think that some halfling people named their daughter 'nagoya' with no outside inspiration whatsoever.

MY inspiration as a human being was a real-world city.
the inspiration of the hypothetical parents of Nagoya the halfling in-game are obscure and a topic for another day! It's probably not a city though sorry, and you probably can't slaughter nagoya's residents.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Banned

>cries about my name having some vague ties to a google search result
>brags about naming himself after a Japanese city
>admonishes petty insults
>uses petty insults

Quote:
Filbus 1 - 0 Nagoya.
Closed Thread