Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 03:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default How long before dropped items rot?

I need to transfer plat/gear between some noob chars. The P99 program crashes most every time I log off a character. In addition to that, the chars are on separate accounts (old school habit).

I can't afford to pay someone to help me transfer, and I'd be anxious doing that anyway. Besides I need to transfer twice, outside Grobb and EFP.

How long do I have between dropping an item/bag and having another char pick it up?
Old 01-27-2020, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

About 5 minutes.

Lots of people will help with transfers for free. I’ve never seen someone steal a transfer.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Stealing is also bannable so just ask anyone high(ish) level and in a reputable guild.

If you do ground xfer - note that staff will not reimburse you for any lost items. If someone picks it up it's basically finders-keepers.

-Mcoy
Old 01-27-2020, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Also, you can't drop coin. To transfer money you'll need to hand it off to someone.

Having said that, I've done the drop item/transfer thing at least a dozen times, with a couple client crashes while logging the second guy in. I haven't lost an item/bag yet.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 01-27-2020, 09:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, you can't drop coin. To transfer money you'll need to hand it off to someone.

Having said that, I've done the drop item/transfer thing at least a dozen times, with a couple client crashes while logging the second guy in. I haven't lost an item/bag yet.
I had as well until today, lost some stuff, but I knew the risks. The biggest problem is the crashing this game does >90% of every time I camp, it just can't make it to the character selection screen...
Old 01-27-2020, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexNemox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had as well until today, lost some stuff, but I knew the risks. The biggest problem is the crashing this game does >90% of every time I camp, it just can't make it to the character selection screen...
Set compatibility on eqgame.exe to XP SP2 (or SP3).

-Mcoy
Old 01-28-2020, 12:10 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Set compatibility on eqgame.exe to XP SP2 (or SP3).

-Mcoy
Tried both, neither worked.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexNemox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried both, neither worked.
Your best bet then is to simply /ex or /q from the game instead of trying to camp. As long as your other character is close by you should have no trouble getting the item in time.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your best bet then is to simply /ex or /q from the game instead of trying to camp. As long as your other character is close by you should have no trouble getting the item in time.
Drop your items on "5 seconds to go", that way you don't have the IP lockout to consider when you're logging across to another character/account.

Also OP, consider handing your items to a Dial A Port porter... for a tip I'm sure they'd appreciate, they're usually awesome at doing trades like that.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drop your items on "5 seconds to go", that way you don't have the IP lockout to consider when you're logging across to another character/account.

Also OP, consider handing your items to a Dial A Port porter... for a tip I'm sure they'd appreciate, they're usually awesome at doing trades like that.
Good lord, read. He's not talking about successfully logging out. He's talking about crashing, which will keep the character locked in until a full timeout period lapses.
Closed Thread