Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Banned

Yeah, vendor-diving is a fun activity of mine and I do it quite a bit. Feels sort of like playing a slot machine (if slot machines paid you in meat). It can be quite expensive, though depending on what items are at the top of the stocks.

However, when the server went down last night, all vendors seem to have had their stocks cleared out.

That seems to happen quite a bit here on p1999 and I really should have known better. I'm not sure if vendor stocks were regularly cleared-out on live or not, but if there is any way to preserve vendor items through repops and reboots that would be kind of nice.

Then again, refreshing the vendors' stocks does remove (temporarily) the high-priced vendor trash that usually sits in the way of all of those delicious rat ears, spiderling legs, and bixie parts (the shit that I'M looking for), so this might be a case of "careful what you wish for"
Old 01-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

I think you're onto something with this "slot machine that pays out meats" thing....

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an atrocity. The black market is now flooded with wolf meat.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this the same as early EQ in the sense that the vendor still has them "under the counter" and that you can get them back if you buy enough of the junk on top so it comes to the top? (vendor mining)
Yes.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, vendor-diving is a fun activity of mine and I do it quite a bit. Feels sort of like playing a slot machine (if slot machines paid you in meat). It can be quite expensive, though depending on what items are at the top of the stocks.

However, when the server went down last night, all vendors seem to have had their stocks cleared out.

That seems to happen quite a bit here on p1999 and I really should have known better. I'm not sure if vendor stocks were regularly cleared-out on live or not, but if there is any way to preserve vendor items through repops and reboots that would be kind of nice.

Then again, refreshing the vendors' stocks does remove (temporarily) the high-priced vendor trash that usually sits in the way of all of those delicious rat ears, spiderling legs, and bixie parts (the shit that I'M looking for), so this might be a case of "careful what you wish for"
If that all carried over it would make it extremely hard to find a vendor to do recharges with though. Unless you want to buy up all the previous junk first.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pssst... Rat ears are available in unlimited stock on a EC Inn vendor .. Look for a female euridite in the center west part of EC close to the zone line to WC
Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pssst... Rat ears are available in unlimited stock on a EC Inn vendor .. Look for a female euridite in the center west part of EC close to the zone line to WC
OMG THIS IS GAME CHANGING INFORMATION. I'm serious.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
OMG THIS IS GAME CHANGING INFORMATION. I'm serious.
She's got batwings, too. Mmmm batwing crunchies....