Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a fucking moron, Sir. I constantly see you posting inane shit in peoples threads. This guy is asking a completely valid question so let me just link the server Camp Rules because that way everyone will think i am funny and smart. Instead of chillin on your pedestal way up there and tossing insults down at us mere mortals you should maybe try SHUTTING THE FUCK UP.
Inb4 the "umadbro?"

There's alot of trolls knocking about, they post about anything.

... like meeee~

I enchant things...
Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If he had just inherrited the camp he likely had to wait for the right time to kill. If you kill the PH at night, the PH is going to spawn again as a day spawn, which = no ac. Sorry, dude, but ac camp is a bit unique. You probably unintentionally screwed that guy out of about an hour of his time for him to get the spawn timer right again.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaaaaavin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he had just inherrited the camp he likely had to wait for the right time to kill. If you kill the PH at night, the PH is going to spawn again as a day spawn, which = no ac. Sorry, dude, but ac camp is a bit unique. You probably unintentionally screwed that guy out of about an hour of his time for him to get the spawn timer right again.
He understands this. We all know how AC works. What he is asking is by strict interpretation of the server camp rules, can you actually "claim" a camp where you aren't actually killing the PH/rare when they spawn?

My take: As far as the rules go you didn't do anything wrong, but it's probably a dick move to intentionally do this to someone. Big gray area though.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inb4 the "umadbro?"

There's alot of trolls knocking about, they post about anything.

... like meeee~

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessBard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He understands this. We all know how AC works. What he is asking is by strict interpretation of the server camp rules, can you actually "claim" a camp where you aren't actually killing the PH/rare when they spawn?

My take: As far as the rules go you didn't do anything wrong, but it's probably a dick move to intentionally do this to someone. Big gray area though.
Gotta love how even trying to be helpful gets you trolled around here.

Sorry if you deemed my explanation unecessary but it was my interpretation that he didn't quite understand the mechanic since he thought it was okay to kill the PH at any time at night and could thus claim the camp because of that fact. And obviously we don't all know how the AC works or this post wouldn't be here.

If the rules worked the way the op wants them to then no one would own the sro ac camp for more than one spawn cycle. Which is why I said the ac was a unique camp when it comes to the rules. I've seen disputes settled by GMs regarding ownership of a camp if someone isn't killing the PH the instant it spawns. The camp goes to the guy camping it in most cases. Since this is a unique camp, it can't opperate under the same rules as, say, frenzy, where timing doesn't matter.

Now if you were to watch this guy and a full in-game 24 hours went by without him killing the PH, you would have a case to take over the camp and, imo, in the right to do it.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Killing the ph at 10 am means your next spawn will be 8 pm. The trick then is to kill the 8 pm ph ASAP so you will get another spawn at 6 am, technically night still. If the 6 am spawn is a ph you wait until 10 am to kill it; rinse, repeat. This method allows two potential night spawns.

An SG in the mix can definitely screw you up, which is why if he borked his timing and knew the next spawn would be during the day, he may have just wanted to leave the ph up until 10 am, ensuring a swift kill and a prompt 8 pm spawn.

To answer your question directly -- if he was at or near the spawn (I think on this server it is generally accepted that the hill north of the ud tower and west of the dervs is the ac "camp" spot) and you ran in and killed the ph, you encroached on his camp. You should always check the area prior to engaging a ph there. People love to afk in that spot with a pet up, and I know a few have been booted to char select by a gm because of it.

Hope this answers your question. By what you've said, it seems you were in the wrong.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Aviak

You just messed up his PH cycle.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Aviak

game time does not start until 9pm from what I read. So if you kill that PH at 10 you will have a daytime spawn at 8pm. If you kill it at 11am it will be a night spawn at 9pm game time. I read that on the big thread about the AC spawn and nigth/daytime mechanics. You may want to confirm, but I read P99 is 9pm to 7am = night. 8am-8pm = day. Can anyone confirm? There are so many people saying so many different things.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate this
Old 12-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Kobold

His pictures are adorable, I still have the one he made of me *tear* ^-^
Closed Thread